Bladder Retraining

Archives1

Staff member
So Im getting so frustrated with bladder retraining...its a slow process. One which sometimes feels pointless and makes my own body feel like the enemy, 😣
Anyone got any words of encouragement or success? Am I wasting my time? I feel like it has a ceiling limit to its benefits but my consultant wants me to persevere before we move on(I am on meds too but not helping).

I went through bladder retraining and it works. I went from 1.5 hours between voids to about 3 hours between voids over a couple of months after my surgery. I also did the same thing again about a year later after radiation. It does work. Just be patient and follow the procedure. You don’t have to be perfect, but the training over a period of time does work. I thought this was amazing. I had never heard of it or read about it until my pelvic floor therapist told me that it would work.

harrisjmh said:
I went through bladder retraining and it works. I went from 1.5 hours between voids to about 3 hours between voids over a couple of months after my surgery. I also did the same thing again about a year later after radiation. It does work. Just be patient and follow the procedure. You don’t have to be perfect, but the training over a period of time does work. I thought this was amazing. I had never heard of it or read about it until my pelvic floor therapist told me that it would work.

Thank you. Im just so sick and tired of it some days. Ill do better tomorrow because Ive had a whinge!
Thank you for taking a moment to reply, I do appreciate speaking to people that understand. Loved ones try but they dont really know how it can get to you. X

Buttone said:
So Im getting so frustrated with bladder retraining...its a slow process. One which sometimes feels pointless and makes my own body feel like the enemy, 😣
Anyone got any words of encouragement or success? Am I wasting my time? I feel like it has a ceiling limit to its benefits but my consultant wants me to persevere before we move on(I am on meds too but not helping).
@Buttone

With your urologist, ask about Botox injections. Good luck!

Are you oab or post surgery for prostate? Perhaps someone knows whether or not bladder retraining would help with oab. That's my diagnosis- and it's from a head injury, so I've always assumed there was nothing that will make a difference in my case. I hope I'm wrong.