Bladder leaking,besides expensive pads,is there any cheaper way to save my

Reach out to your insurance or medicare or Medicaid. If they can’t help, there are diaper banks. Many of The same organizations that help poor families with baby supplies Also can help with adult diapers if you have a need.

when you say pads what exactly are you referring to pads can be such a generic term some people refer to diapers/nappies as pads or pull-ups there are pads you wear with either a net pant or regular underwear or even inside plastic pants there are pads to protect beds and furniture there are booster pads to add absorbency of diapers the question you asked is too broad to try to help with

If you have light incontinence, look into incontinence briefs. They are washable and might be absorbent enough to take the place of a pad.

Hi Pmikula,

What is the reason you need to wear pads 24/7?

Have you gone down the medical route to try to reduce the leakage?

Have you tried bladder training?

Have you made a diary of what you drink and eat and tried an input and output chart to see if you are in retention?

What are your pelvic floor muscles like?

These questions might highlight a reason for why you have to wear pads. There are lots of lovely people on this forum and are very helpful. We are all here to help you so don't feel shy to reach out or vent.

Well I have tried all of the above and I still wet myself. I use poise with my regular panties. So it’s a big part of my life. Changing panties and pads is not an inconvenience ,it’s a nightmare. Our government ,medical services or insurance should be held responsible for helping with the cost. They give phones away and money and so many of us are stretched to the limit. If I use baby dippers and pin them to my underwear,maybe that would work. 🤷‍♀️

Actually, if you fold the sides back or tear them off baby diapers work great in underwear and hold allot more and cost less than allot of incontinence products.

If you really want to use baby diapers bad enough there are ways to make them fit there is even something called convertups to convert a baby diaper to a larger size https://www.convertups.com/collections/convertups

Pmikula said:
Well I have tried all of the above and I still wet myself. I use poise with my regular panties. So it’s a big part of my life. Changing panties and pads is not an inconvenience ,it’s a nightmare. Our government ,medical services or insurance should be held responsible for helping with the cost. They give phones away and money and so many of us are stretched to the limit. If I use baby dippers and pin them to my underwear,maybe that would work. 🤷‍♀️

Jrpoor man

What are you thinking about? Let’s get the government behind us. What ever it takes. This is crazy expensive and I won’t take it anymore

Oh trust me you are far from alone with leaks, it doesn’t care if you are female or male young or old. At least we have a nice place to hang out and chat, find some new solutions and make some friends and off useful suggestions. That is a lifesaver. Incontinence can be a bit much sometimes.
Glad you are here too 🙂
I’m Jim from Maryland

@Pmikula
I looked at the website and it looks like the device is made to help keep the smaller size diaper in place and it creates a waist and to keep it in place. Pretty clever idea.

from what I see that convertups reminds of taking a baby diaper and making a Depend belted undergarment out of it