Beyond confused

It is no fun being dehydrated. Water cleans out the blood's contaminants.
Ive tried drinking less liquids at night and it only results in me having dry mouth and being thirsty. I have gone back to drinking plenty of fluids at night and I wake up feeling more refreshed and get a good nights sleep.
Of course it results in me wetting my diaper more but the Better Dry's have no problem handling the higher volume. When I reduced my liquid intake at night I would wake up feeling tired and felt like I did not get a full nights sleep.

@Exhausted Yes, they are called continence nurses. That is the next step up from seeing your GP and possibly where medication has not been so effective. That is what happened to me.

Please drink around 2 litres of fluid per day and if you can, try no added sugar cranberry juice, I maintain it is good for my bladder.

Consider doing some mindfulness exercises and meditation and deep breathing exercises, all will help you calm down.

Urologists will only treat physical dysfunction with the penis and bladder whereas continence nurses can assess holistically to help you.

Exhausted: Laalauk has the idea. An Incontinence Nurse's job is to deal with patients directly. Cancer (like my prostate cancer) requires a team of doctors. The "cancer nurse" tied everything together. If a question needed a doctor's response, she got it right away (i think the doctors have to respond to the nurse and think they don't have to, or don't have time to) respond to a patient.
MayMay has it down, too. [This is a good time to stop and note...]
One thing I tried. I scanned the "long form" into the computer, used OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software to get it into Word, then just changed only my input that needed changing the next time. It's the computer age - what is the medical profession's obsession with making us fill out the same paper form over and over and over....????
My med list is too long for their forms, so it is in my computer and they just get a printout and all I do is write (on their stupid, repetitive Long Form) "See attached". Do that for "Significant Medical Events", too.) Just change and add or delete a medication, or add a new event).
Dang. Is there an "Incontinence for Dummies" to give us the basics? Their should be. Until then, use this forum!

Hi @laalaauk, I, too like no added sugar cranberry juice. The kind I get is called "Lite" Cranberry juice. It isn't the same as diet cranberry juice but still has good flavor but isn't loaded with sugar. And that gets my vote every time!

@LiveLifeJR During “sleep” I don’t get to have the privilege of sleeping through bladder spasms to pee in a diaper. I’m awoken every 5-60 minutes. That’s not “a few” times a night. I’m awakened to pee at least 10 times per night. Neurogenic Bladder sucks. I feel no consequences of not being fully hydrated except the positive consequence that I pee less. The more I drink, the more I pee, the more I’m awake all night. Being fully hydrated is zombie hell for me. I’m not entirely dehydrated, just slightly. And I will absolutely continue on that path until I can again again afford the $5,000 for Botox injections.

@Exhausted It sounds like you to need to see *both* a continence nurse and a urologist. In the U.S. we only have the urologist. In your case, you need to find out why you wet the bed, and only a doctor (urologist) is going to be able to help you with that. The continence nurse will be able to help you determine coping strategies.