Betterdry Size question

Archives1

Staff member
I am a 36 inch pant size and have been wearing mediums for a while. But I have often read individuals with even 34 pant size saying that they barely fit in mediums and wear large.

What is the appropriate fit? When I have tried larges with other diapers I always find I cannot get a snug fit in the legs and have gaps in the back that always leak due to the length of the diaper. Any advice on your experience would be appreciated!

I fluctuate between a 34 and a 36 in men's pants. I do have larger thighs, but I'm mostly comfortable in a large. I've seen folks give the advice that if "you're on the far end of the sizing chart, go ahead and go up". I wear betterdry now, but I had a habit of ordering Abena M4's since money was tight and they stuffed a few more in the packages. I went up a size and it was a game changer for me, more comfortable all around.

Fit is always a personal thing on recommendations though. Can you order a sample and get a feel for it?

I wear a 38 pant, and wear large in betterdry, but I have very large thighs. Everyone's dimensions are variable. You might fit a large, but maybe not.

Thank you for the replies. I think I will order a bag of larges to see. I could get a sample from north shore, but two diapers isn’t enough to make a decision given I would need to make mistakes in taping the first one or two…

I’ve worn medium and large Betterdrys with a 32 inch waist. The tapes were pretty much overlapping for me with the large, but I made it work. Leg holes weren’t a big issue for me and I am pretty slim. I didn’t have any leaks but it felt oversized.

Please let us know how the large fit. My waist is 38" and I am comfortable in the large Betterdry. The Abena M4 is a tight fit and the L4 is a bit roomy. My supplier is out of the Betterdry and shipped a case of the large Confidry 24/7 Max. I have worn those in the past and they are on the edge of being too large.