Best way to hide your diaper

Archives1

Staff member
I have tried lots of things to hide the bulk and noise of wearing diapers. Like compression shorts under jeans to wearing womens jeans. What’s every one else doing

I'm not doing a thing, other than not wearing a belt because my jeans are now tighter due to the bulk!

I've tried something similar - wearing form-fitting boxer briefs that have some spandex in them. I still do it occasionally when wearing thin shorts where bulk or sag is going to be really obvious, but I've found it gets a little too warm down there when wearing jeans or dress pants.

Onsie and a longer shirt over loose fitting pants or shorts. Unless you are in a library no one will hear a plasticbacked diaper, let alone a cloth backed diaper.

I went up a few sizes! Elasticated waist helps and the two suits I occasionally wear have brace buttons and again larger in size

Snug boxer briefs are just fine for me. I really am not concerned about the bulk of a wet diaper. I’m pretty sure no one ever notices any indication of my diapers.

@Jayindiapers Hear your frustrations and social angst. Everyone has different needs and mobility so, you will have to weight what everyone (me) has to offer against your situation.

I use a combination of products and what I wear changes from one social situation to another so, there is no one solution for me. I basically, try to match what I am doing to what level of protection.

The overriding factor for me is smell. Pee you (me)! Bad pun. Clothing choices can hide a lot of _ _ _ _ so to speak. However, nothing hides the smell except a pint of old spice or equivalent (F). So, in social situations, I wear whatever can handle one release and then I change. One and done. Sometimes absorbent underwear when bathrooms are close by, other times a diaper (tabbed, slip, brief, blah blah blah).

My choice are loose spandex-ish briefs (yoga) high rise work better for me as compression shorts are too tight around my pelvic area which, causes problems - pain, product failures (as mentioned by @physlink ). If you suffer pelvic or bladder pain, I would strongly suggest that you avoid tight compression shorts. It can aggravate symptoms.

Anyhoo, experiment, experiment, and you know.

theMochi said:
@Jayindiapers Hear your frustrations and social angst. Everyone has different needs and mobility so, you will have to weight what everyone (me) has to offer against your situation.

I use a combination of products and what I wear changes from one social situation to another so, there is no one solution for me. I basically, try to match what I am doing to what level of protection.

The overriding factor for me is smell. Pee you (me)! Bad pun. Clothing choices can hide a lot of _ _ _ _ so to speak. However, nothing hides the smell except a pint of old spice or equivalent (F). So, in social situations, I wear whatever can handle one release and then I change. One and done. Sometimes absorbent underwear when bathrooms are close by, other times a diaper (tabbed, slip, brief, blah blah blah).

My choice are loose spandex-ish briefs (yoga) high rise work better for me as compression shorts are too tight around my pelvic area which, causes problems - pain, product failures (as mentioned by @physlink ). If you suffer pelvic or bladder pain, I would strongly suggest that you avoid tight compression shorts. It can aggravate symptoms.

Anyhoo, experiment, experiment, and you know.

I agree with you in regards to compression shorts hurting as anything tight across the naval or groin area will worsen spasms or pain. I've found this out the hard way with briefs that are too tight. I've found comfort with Tranquility products.

Blessings,
Honeeecombs

What I've learned over the last couple of years (appreciate it's a bit different since becoming a wheelchair user):

I've found that too much compression can cause leaks so stopped wearing boxers over the top a long while ago after a bad leak. I found that it didn't really make much difference other than to a bit of a confidence knock (wearing something over the top made the nappy feel more like an insert pad rather than a replacement to my regular underwear).

Popper vests were the best to avoid peekage but due to issues with my right hand found them too fiddly so switched to just wearing a very long white t-shirt as an extra layer tucked in and it worked just as well with a belt to keep it securely tucked in. For added security, I tend to wear baggy t-shirts and hoodies which cover that area anyway.

Semi-elasticated waisted trousers/jeans/shorts have been the best as they provide enough room for the bulk but also don't tend to fall down over time like fully elasticated clothing.

In terms of the noise, I don't think one should ever underestimate how much ambient noise there is even in 'quiet' places.

The main thing I've learned though is that the most indiscreet things are smells and damp patches so it really is a trade off.

Truly, No one cares unless they know you. And even people that do are really only worried about your health.

I have an ostomy and because of where it is it is almost impossible to hide. (Right by my belly button) I look young for my age unless I grow my beard out. When my ostomy is acting stupid I cannot hide it.

I try everything to hide stuff as much as I can but most people in my small town know I have issues. It is too small of a town and I am related to too many people for them not to know.

It sucks but when you live in a town as I do you just get over it because that is all you can do.