Best Diaper for containing poop

Archives1

Staff member
My father, suffering from cancer, has started wearing diapers due to poop accidents. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Basically I think the main thing to look for is stand up leak guards to help contain it in the brief.

Rearz would be another brand especially if you live in Canada but in the USA I would second the brands mhart stated above. North shores mega max or better dry. And possibly forsite as well.

Granted I am fortunate I don’t often have bowel incidents only a few over the past 3 years so I am not by any means an expert on it. ;) at least that is something for me to be thankful about.

Hi @stuart, I'm sorry to hear about your father. I agree with @Jwh51 with the stand up leak guards for containment. But I think you best bet would be something with a plastic backing instead of cloth-like (or whatever they call it these days!) If MegaMax and Better Dry have a plastic backing then that's a good place to start! Best of luck finding something that works really soon!

Yes, if want tab-style diapers the plastic backing is best for controlling odors for bowel incontinence. MegaMax may be overkill if no urinary incontinence. Supreme Lite is probably best if sizing works out.

Other options available as well depending on situation. Our team is happy to make recommendations at 800-563-0161 or you can request samples at https://www.northshorecare.com/request-for-product or try a few bags online with Free Shipping on first order using code FS29

All the best,
Adam