Being grateful

Archives1

Staff member
On the eve of my accident anniversary I remain grateful. I started off wearing very crappy plastic backed attends. They were the only thing in the medical supply store next to my apartment building. Every single one of them clumped and leaked. I was homeboubd except for medical appointments. I lived up 2 flights of stairs and scooted on my butt to get in and out of the building.

In some ways I’m worse off today than I was then. Now I have my leg amputated. But I have a prosthetic that I can use most days. On days I can’t I have a custom made wheelchair. I wear premium diapers. And they come in my favorite color: black! And most of the time they don’t leak. Im on the first floor of my building and right next to the door. While I still have to crawl on my knees to get out (there are two small steps to get in and out of the building) it’s so much easier. I have amazing doctors and an amazing prosthetist. I’ve got great friends. Im snowed in today but I have food in my fridge. The only thing I was worried about today was if my tablet was going to arrive (it’s supposed to come tomorrow now) how fortunate! Emma The cat made it to 16. I have a roof over my head. Im grateful.

Thank you for your letter, Justej. You make my feeling sorry for myself feel petty and childish. You put it all in perspective. I am grateful too. Faith

Justej, you are an inspiration for us all and you make me feel lucky but motivated. I am a really positive person but you are challenging me. All the best and I wish you an amazing 2022

Thank you @justej, for giving us a wake-up call. You have a really great attitude! If someone gave you lemons you'd definitely make lemonade out of it!!! You have a special knack for turning negatives into positives and making the best out of everything.
I heard that you have gotten around a foot of snow and it's good you have food and supplies. But if push comes to shove, you have friends who will be happy to help you!
I feel privileged to know you!

ej - what a great testimony. I was wondering though, doesn't your apartment building/complex have to comply with the Disabilities Act for access to your place?

@ritanofsinger no because this is a “historical” building. Any building built after a certain time is grandfathered in and doesn’t have to follow ADA laws. I like the area I’m in and don’t want to move yet again so I just deal with it.

and thanks everyone. I don’t make resolutions but I’m just trying to be a bit more less reactionary and sorta just more positive in my life. The universe is testing me though with this Amazon order I’m dealing with!

@justej What is a custom-made wheelchair like? Is it electric?

Hooray for Emma!!!! I love how many pictures of her you post. I should start doing so, too. My Loki beastie saves my life over and over again. He brings me indescribable joy, no matter what he’s doing.

@snow no it’s manual. It’s also bright green. I call it my green machine. Lol. Here is a pic.
c0bcdf8879bc9dbef74d36a814e6c2af.jpg