Bedwetting to day wetting also

Archives1

Staff member
41 year old male looking for help and advice. I've been a bedwetter for quite some time now. I have sleep apnea which I control by using a C-PAP Machine. The doctor said that the bedwetting will quit once I get the sleep apnea under control. It has been over 7 years now and I'm still wetting the bed. I was tested and everything came out normal. The doc said I have Over Active Bladder. I've been wearing diapers at night. The doc said that I might start having accidents during the daytime. It is getting to that point where before I feel the urge I start leaking in my pants. I have learned to cope with wearing diapers at night. I only use tranquility ATN's with the plastic backing. The reason is that cloth backing diapers leak for me. How do I overcome wearing these same plastic backing noisy diapers during the day without the embarressed feeling.

You'll have to assess your daytime needs, but you can probably make it with a clothing backing brief during the day. I have bladder issues during both the day and night. At night the only thing that gets me a good nights sleep is a fitted brief. During the day, my voiding issues aren't as bad and I can get by with the pullup style underwear. Abena makes very absorbent products, and the new Tena Overnight underwear are decent for daytime use. They are both very discreet.

That said, no one can tell you are wearing an incontinence product. I have had to wear them for over a decade now, and I've never had someone say something or caught anyone staring. The rustle of a product isn't noticeable once you have clothes on, and the only person that would take notice of "diaper butt" is someone that either has a similar issue. Anything you read on the internet about someone noticing or commenting on another persons choice of diaper is likely internet fan fiction at it's worse.

It takes a while to get over the embarrassment, but you'll get there. My wife is well aware of my issues, but after my accident I made a point to hide all my products. A decade later, I keep my wipes in the bathroom and have a shelf for my incontinence products. Life goes on.

Thank you for the info. I will check the Abena pull-ups out. I used to wear Abena L4's plastic backing. They are an awesome diaper. I just wish they weren't so expensive. My doctor wrote out a prescription for my diapers which I get covered from my insurance. Now I wear Tranquility ATN's at night. They are just as good.

Hi JWT,

So I am new here but I relate to your dealing with bedwetting as I have the same problem. I don't have day wetting issues so sorry that I cannot help with advice on that. I wanted to support and let you know I am with you, fellow bedwetter.

Jay

All I can say is once you adjust to and basically ignore the fact you have a diaper on, the easier it will be. The only concern for me is remembering to change in a timely manner because once you get used to being in a wet diaper most of the time it's kind of easy to get over soaked

late to the party here but it all depends on how much you leak. Just because you dump your bladder at night, like I do doesn't mean you'll leak so badly in the day. I, so far, have minor day time leakage and have only very recently started wearing a pad for it. It's a "guard" that is designed for relatively small leaks.

There are a lot of steps between drip pad and thick diapers. Tena makes 3 levels of guards. Then they have more substantial pads. They have a few kinds of pull up underwear and then of course several levels of diapers. Other manufacturers offer similar product lines. Just find what works for your level of need. No need to assume you need a heavy diaper until you actaully do.

I wear a pair of briefs over my abenas. That cuts down on the crinkling noise and also keeps the diaper closer to my body. That way when I void the diaper absorbs it better.

Thank you for the info. It was hard dealing with it during the daytime. I have been getting used to it now.