Bedwetting guest

Archives1

Staff member
My 18 year old cousin lives with me and last night he decided to have some friends over. Three of them spent the night and one of them slept in my guest bedroom. They left before I woke up this morning, but when I went to make the guest bed, I saw that the top sheet was all wet and the bottom sheet had a huge wet spot. Luckily I keep waterproof mattress covers on all the beds in my house. I wonder what his friends said when there were taking him home as I am sure his clothes were noticeably soaked. This is the first time I noticed someone else having an incontinence episode. I hope he isn't too embarrassed and I wonder if he will say anything to my cousin about it. I thought it was interesting that I wasn't the only one in my house to wet last night. I was just wise enough to wear a diaper.

Has anyone ever wet the bed at your home?

@stonne168

Does your cousin know that you are a bedwetter? If he does he might be more open-minded about bedwetting so is sensitive enough not to embarrass his friend.

I wet day and night and wear diapers 24/7. My cousin knows and he is ok with it. He doesn't give me a hard time so I think he will be kind to his friend. They may get on his case a little about it though cause that is how guys are.

@stonne168

I envy your relationship with your cousin. I have friends and family members now who know about, and understand, what I am going through and that helps a lot. But I didn't have that as a kid.

But I know what you mean about how guys are in general about this problem. My present enuresis is the result of prostate problems but I was a bedwetter (primary enuresis) until my Senior year in High School and I had two cousins - boys about the same age as I was - who were brutal about my wetting problem and who thought it was funny enough to let everyone know about it. Yuk, yuk - but not to me; I wasn't laughing...just the opposite.

@pek1134

My cousin and his 20 year old brother have known since my problems began about 5 years ago. I used to babysit them all the time at their house so it was just easier to tell them I had to wear diapers than trying to hide it. I would sleep on their sofa so I had no privacy anyway. They were cool about it and didn't make a big deal. They have always looked up to me and this didn't make them think any less of me. The older bro reminded me how he used to wet the bed until he was 10 and was a "diaper boy" too. I remember how embarrassed he was back then to have to wear them especially when his younger bro stopped needing them. He told me that he appreciated how I didn't make a big deal about it and would always stop any teasing. His parents were frustrated with him for wetting the bed and would only buy him tape on diapers since they were cheaper than pull-ups. I always felt bad for the way he was treated for it and luckily he eventually dried up.

They are both good guys and their acceptance has made me more confident while wearing diapers. Even if I get self conscious with certain things I wear over them, they say supportive things like "no one will notice" or "who cares". Very lucky to have a close relationship with them.