Bedwetting Diary

Archives1

Staff member
I'm seeing a new doctor in October regarding my incontinence issues. I've already talked to her about my daytime intermittent urge incontinence issue, but she'd like me to keep a bedwetting diary from now until my appointment. I see on this website (NAFC) under "Resources", there is a downloadable "Bedwetting Diary" that covers most of what my doc wants me to track.

Has anyone here used this bedwetting diary to track their wet nights, or is there another one that's better, as far as info that the doctor can use? If you know of a better one that I can download, please let me know where to find it.

My urologist diary is always the time I woke up always AM if diaper was was full and warm or cold and if did I pee after getting up

I keep a log on a normal calendar that I print out as well as a diary for the last 40+ day. Not a bad thing to keep. As for the ones here on NAFC I did use them for a bit but as my issues are both bowel and bladder it was to much every day to go through. I have a system of symbols and such that I put on my calendar that tells my Physical therapist what is going on each day when I turn them in.

Right now though I am working on re-doing my diary so that anyone non-medical can understand them so I have a log of just how everything is going.

Dave - I had to keep a diary of my child's bedwetting and notes of activities during the day and food and drink intake. All of those things helped to tell when she was likely to have an "accident." But along with that, each time she did wet the bed, we had to get her up, have her wash her face, change pj's and change sheets if the pad didn't catch everything. All of this helped her body to be able to control her bladder at night. I don't know if that works for adults but it sure did for her.

The continence nurse asked me to keep a diary when my bed wetting came back before she assesed me for pads and slips.

A number of years ago my urologist asked me to keep a diary for awhile. As listed above, diet , fluid intake, times number of pads/diapers etc.
Funny part was when he asked me why I didn't note number of nights I wet the bed I told him it would be easier/faster to tell him the nights I DIDN'T wet the bed. He didn't see the humor in it. Oh well....