Beddwetting

Archives1

Staff member
Being here makes me feel belonged and so not alone i appreciate you all for the encouragement and counsel I love you
I wish I’ll see you all one day if am successful enough to travel to the USA
Note : I’m going to the university cause you guys encouraged me to

So glad you feel like you belong. I feel that way too. My husband & caregiver just can't relate the way you guys can! Glad you're attending the University too!! Best wishes!!!

Congratulations on stepping up and out to University!

We are all doing our best to NOT let bed wetting be the most important thing to know about us so development of self in other areas is so important.

When you feel the need to talk about it the forum here.

I find that when I'm away from home I can refrain from using the bathroom for up to 3 hours & it's not the end of the World. The Sky didn't fall down either! And I'm not the Center of the Universe.

Congratulations on returning to school. Don't let the bedwetting issues prevent you from furthering your education. Chances are there are many incontinent people at your college or university with the same fears. When I went to college, bedwetting wasn't talked about like it's talked about today. If you wet your bed, the whole dorm found out. For me the humiliation was short lived. I was embarrassed at first, but soon found out there were others in my dorm who also were bedwetter a.

@Babssimon Awesome that you are going back to university. Glad you found support here. I'm a fellow bedwetter too so understand the frustration and embarrassment it can cause. Like others have said I bet you are not the only one at the university who is dealing with bedwetting.

Enjoy university life and live it to the fullest and don't let a little bedwetting slow you down.

@Babssimon;

Hey, is it Simon?

I'm trying to figure out what "Babs" is - does it stand for Bed wetting Adult Baby Syndrome?

If so, there is alot of medical research done that correlates the syndrome to bed wetting, humiliation and shame from the age of infancy to adulthood. Many people develop the syndrome so by all means - please do not feel alone in that regard.

There are many people if you check out the forums that have ABS and it's no surprise that the emotions we faced in our youth have a direct effect on our emotions of having issues in adulthood.

As a young adult when developing bladder issues - I had a severe hard time emotionally, mentally, and physically coping with LOBC and painful bladder spasms - and want to encourage you to stay active on these forums but emplore you to find other resources and support groups if you are too intimidated for fear of judgement on things. You sound like a very bright and kind person - our memories whether it stems from abuse and trauma are very real.

May you continue to keep us updated and may your bladder condition do not hold you back on your educational endeavours!

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Babssimon: I'm very glad that you didn't let bedwetting prevent your going to university. I became incontinent as the result of a surgical mishap when I was 14 years old. I 80 years old now and haven't been reliably dry at night since that surgery and have also had daytime issues. In my early teens, I was depressed to the point that I seriously considered suicide. However, I resolved to treat incontinence as a manageable disability and go ahead with my educational and professional aspirations. I completed my Ph.D. when I was 26 years old and have had a successful career as a scientist and professor. To do so, I had to learn to treat diapers as my every night and frequent daytime underwear. That's definitely something that is quite doable, especially with the excellent disposable products available today. Until the late 1990s, I had to rely upon cloth diapers with plastic pants.