Bed wetting with dreams

Archives1

Staff member
I only have bed wetting episodes while I’m dreaming. As soon as I start using it in the dream I jolt up and rush to the restroom. I’m not in continent at all during the day, nor do I have urges to go multiple times throughout the day. I usually have to pee 1-3 times before I get home to get ready for bed and then I pee once right before bed. My bed wetting is intermittent, I can go days with being dry and bed wet once and go several more days being dry. This has been happening for 6 years now and I believe it has gotten more frequent in the last 2 years versus before where I could go months and practically forget I had the issue of bed wetting. Now I can count on at least one episode a week. Sometimes when it happens during the dream I bed wet,wake up pee after just bed wetting and literally go right back to sleep and dream again and pee again to wake up and use the bathroom again. I don’t usually bedwet twice like that but somehow it does happen and mostly within an hour or two after the last episode. Can anyone relate? I’m 28 years old.

I am sure most of you have dreamed of urinating, either in a toilet or elsewhere. I was just wondering if and how these may relate in any way to lucid dreaming and dream control.

@DPCARE I very rarely wet during the night, but several times during the day. When it has happened at night I haven't woken up, but somehow I am aware that it has happened. Maybe it is part of a dream? Cheers Phil

physlink said:
@DPCARE I very rarely wet during the night, but several times during the day. When it has happened at night I haven't woken up, but somehow I am aware that it has happened. Maybe it is part of a dream? Cheers Phil

well many people have the "PEE DREAM" and wake up wet

@Jmoss90

I have had dreams of peeing and wake up wet. Not sure how or if they are connected but I suspect there is some connection. It is not every time I bedwet (couple times a month or so) but I have had pee dreams. I tend to sleep through the night even after a bedwetting episode so I don't realize I've wetted until the morning when I wake up.

My dreams fall into two categories. Both usually have me having a very very urgent need to pee and either trying to hold it or trying to find a place to got pee. In one type I end up making a mad dash to a toilet when I can or a bush or tree or some please and get to pee. In the other kind I end up wetting myself in the dream.

not sure if this is helpful, but know that you are not alone.

@sport how frequent does it happen and have you been tested also how old are you if you don’t mind me asking??

For me it happens only at night and not every night, I can go for months without it happening. It happens to me less than 10 times a year and it always happens when i am dreaming, it has never happened to me without a dream

It has been happening since I was little during the early 90's but I started to see that it was a big problem around 2002. It doesn't happen that often with me because last year i had a female companion who spent more than a week with me and nothing happened

Timmyd said:
For me it happens only at night and not every night, I can go for months without it happening. It happens to me less than 10 times a year and it always happens when i am dreaming, it has never happened to me without a dream

Tim, feeel ya brother. Dream I pee or have wetted in myself and wake up wet. Not every time, but it does happen

I still wake myself up peeing in my sleep. Maybe not every time but most times i think..I think it just depends on HOW i wet myself, i think..But, thats a weird feeling for me. Atill. And ive been this way for 9 yrs now and i still feel that shameful feeling i used to get when i was a kid and it happened. Theres so much psychological stuff that goes along with this. Esp if you are a young man, i think..

davidfor3v3r said:
I still wake myself up peeing in my sleep. Maybe not every time but most times i think..I think it just depends on HOW i wet myself, i think..But, thats a weird feeling for me. Atill. And ive been this way for 9 yrs now and i still feel that shameful feeling i used to get when i was a kid and it happened. Theres so much psychological stuff that goes along with this. Esp if you are a young man, i think..

That's so true David, it's like you are starting the day on a negative note and never stops bothering me the whole day or two

@Timmyd @Timmyd

True statements as t bedwetting. Most the time when I do wake wet I am just like, dang it happened again. But there are those days when it happens and I am like dang why am I doing this, what am I 5?? It is a frustrating reality of being an adult bedwetter. We in it together so let's support each other. I use to feel like I was the only guy still wetting his bed in adulthood. Now I know I am not.

Stay strong.

JT

Yes, I know the 2nd feeling that you said you get on some days. That's close to how I feel every day. Shameful but also, bc ppl are dependant on me, I cant let those shameful feelings get in my head bc I have let them beat me into submission plenty of times..I have to get up, take a shower and try to improve myself and the quality REVENGE!!for life I live, as well as other's quality of life..?

..okay, so whatever I wrote, believe me, I was totally distracted by some wild ass girls tonight, wherever Robin was last night..but what went on?! Prob I would a been there any other time..I had to get 8 hours last night. And tomorrow night.. Prepare for this coming work week..

@Timmyd it never happened to me as a child. And for me it started early 20’s maybe like 22 or 23 and I’m 28 now. I can go a few days to a week with nothing happening especially if I’m conscious about how many times I use the restroom during the day and before bed. But whenever I get ready for bed I am so exhausted and pass out and struggle waking thru the night

@Jmoss90 I can relate! Sometimes I dream I am searching for a bathroom and every time I find one to sit down on somehow I notice I'm actually laying down. About 2/10 times this can actually wake me up but most other times I "wake up" and go to the bathroom only to find out I'm in a warm mess. Sometimes I will wake up halfway through and be able to get up but most times if its a dream I just end up wandering through this maze of trying to actually wake up only to find it rarely works. However I will say that most of my incidents happen with no dreams, or none I can remember. Lately, I rarely have dry nights. for whatever reason, I cannot pin down what's causing it. I've tested food allergies, alcohol, marijuana (I'm a medical user), lack of sleep, day dehydration, stopping food and water early, my menstrual cycle, everything. Every time the result is just "maybe, but only sometimes" lol