Australians on here

Archives1

Staff member
I am just wondering if any Australians on here as having issues with our medical system in NSW

Cheers

Hi SJ

I live in Canberra. I had a radical prostrate removal in Canberra just on 2 years ago in a private local hospital. Not sure I can assist you but I’m happy to chat.

Mike

I’m Australian but live in Brazil . I had a robotic prostate removal in Brisbane in 2017 . I’d like to help but never resided in NSW
Paul

Hi Dougin
Any early comments regarding the effectiveness of the sling ?
My problem is mainly walking more than 1/2 hour . Leaking starts and I’ve contemplated a sling .
Only delayed because a lot of scar tissue present in pelvic & lower stomach from prostate removal , penile implant & hernia removal

@hoppy So far so good with the sling, no stress leakage to date but I am being far less active than usual as per Urologist's instructions ~ the real test will come after 3 months when he gives me the all clear to resume my vege gardening activities involving lots of bending, kneeling, digging, carrying etc. There is some slow dribble when I pee, like the sling is not allowing me to force out the last few drops so they dribble out ~ I have read that it can take a few weeks for the whole sling system to work properly, so am hoping this will settle down. But it is preferable to my previous stress incontinence.

Today is day 18 since my surgery. There was a lot of swelling and soreness after surgery, particularly inside upper thighs and testicles, which lasted 7 - 12 days. I stopped taking painkillers after 4 - 5 days but really needed them first few days. I went and saw a local doctor on day 14 (the day after Boxing day) as the wound, while looking ok, was still weeping and he put me on another 5 day antibiotic course and advised me to go back to Tweed Hospital if it is still weeping when I finish the antibiotics so a Urologist can have a look at it. There is no swelling or pain there but it is still weeping so I plan to go back to the hospital on Tuesday when hopefully the Urologists will be back on duty after the holidays.

Hi Dougin
Thanks for that feed back
Please post updates in a month or so when it all settles down . This would be helpful