AUS Surgery

Archives1

Staff member
I am scheduled for Artificial Urinary Sphincter surgery on July 2. Has anyone had the surgery and has it made you dry?

Let us know how the procedure goes, and how it works out for you. There are several folks here that would appreciate It. Thanks!

surgery is Friday, and then 6 weeks to heal before they activate the AUS. I am hoping and praying it works. I know I speak for everyone when I say sitting in one's urine day by day and minute by minute, grates on one's sanity and well-being. I really need this to stop. I know it better than facing a death sentence with cancer, but there needs to be a solution to our problem.

@Anzivino - I am at 9 months

Did the doctor do a urodynamics test for your bladder? (I am scheduled July 14, 2021)

Did he try any Overactive medicines such as Solifenacin, Myrbetriq, and Gemtesa? (I am taking Solifenacin which reduced my leakage by 10 ounces a day. Gemtesa drained my energy (which I was told was not a side effect of Gemtesa). I am on week 2 of Myrbetriq and my leakage does not seem to be changing.)

How much are you leaking? (I am leaking 20 ounces a day only 1 ounce most nights)

Thank you,
Terry

I m at 13 months. Yes did the urodynamics test to be sure my bladder would still hold sufficient urine once the AUS is installed.

We tried Symbalta and it did not do much.

I am leaking bw 8-10 oz per day. The truth is the more I drink the more I leak, so the leak amount is not static, nor useful in my mind.

Small leakage at night, probably similar to yours.

Best,

Ralph

You will still leak minimally, I tried to measure it recently and came up with 2 tenths of an ounce by weight.

Please keep us updated! I am about to schedule the procedure... but keep waffling because of being nervous about something happening and becoming worse than I am now. So glad I found this site to hear real-time discussion. Best of luck.

I had the surgery 4 days ago. Recovery is painful and sore all over the groin area, but I have had worse (Knee replacement).

See the doctor on Thursday and then schedule activation date about 6 weeks later after healed. I can feel the device in my scrotum. Ask your doctor for a sample of the pump that goes in your scrotum, so you know what it feels like. It helps me visualize what is in my scrotum and how to operate it in the future.

Cant wait for activation day. I's been 15 very wet months!!!

Frankly, unless you are near dry, don't know how it could get worse. I have been using a penile clamp, which is effective, and this is just an inside one?