As I’m looking towards my options?

Archives1

Staff member
I’ve read here and on the web about botox. My question is this: If you were to have multiple injections over the course, what would happen to your bladder? Assuming no major side effects, would you then be fully bladder incontinent if you chose to stop doing it after it wore off. My thinking is if your bladder muscles weren’t used long enough, like any muscles, they’d be too weak to function. If you’ve ever had a cast on for an extended period of time, you’ll understand how weak the muscles can be after only six weeks or so. Hopefully, if such was the case, you’d be able to retrain but most of us are here because of control issues in the first place. Maybe I’m missing something in my readings. Any thoughts or information for my brain, so that it doesn’t get overloaded. Haha

That isn’t how quite how dystrophy works. Talk to your urologist. They are most likely far more knowledgeable and uptodate in medical procedures.

i PERSONALLY DON'T LIKE TO HAVE ANYTHING IN MY BODY THAT IS POISON. This is what Botox is, it is poison. I don't understand what dystrophy is nor do I really want to. God bless and good luck on your stuff. Barb

I have had Botox once and went into retention soon afterwards. I now cath myself several times a day. On the positive side, I have far fewer bladder spasms and a lot less leakage. It has made enough of a difference for me to be considering it again. My consultant says that it is a good option for a few years, but it isn't for the long term. She seems very keen on sacral nerve modulation, but I'm not sure, cheers Phil

@BarbaraDrabek dystrophy is the regeneration of muscles. Botox is actually a neurotoxic protine made by bacteria.