Artificial urinary sphnichter

nwyenko,

So glad to hear of your success with the AUS. I have been highly incontinent for 20 months since a Greenlight laser procedure disaster (for BPH). I found a new and highly competent doctor here in another NC city. Because strictures were found in the area of the sphincter, I had multiple scoping and procedures before finally getting to the point I could have the AUS implant, which was done 6 days ago. So, now I'm in the waiting period, which will end somewhere close to Christmas.

I was surprised with how little pain (1.5 or 2 level) there was afterwards. They offered me Tramadol, but I declined, and took an extra strength Tylenol for my overnight in the hospital. The Foley came out the next morning, and I was driven home. I was able to drive a car by day 5 (could have sooner). After getting home, I've taken only a Tylenol on 2 or 3 nights at bedtime. I did come home with some slight Sinus issues, but I'm managing that with a Netipot.

I have a supply of some single use bags and Conveen catheter sheaths that I will donate to anyone who uses them. (35 mm).

I am still pleased with the results. I have slight leakage when I cough. You will have to get used to emptying your bladder every 2-4 hours. I am wearing a pull-up with a pad which usually lasts all day I wear the same at night getting up 2 or 3 times to empty bladder.