Anyone else with perianal area and asuggestion for a good ring/doughnut sit

Archives1

Staff member
I am about 8 weeks out of RP. My prostate was very large and I am told that is why I continue to experience pain in perianal area. I am looking for a suggestion for a good cushion/ring/doughnut for sitting. I have to use a computer most of the day and it hurts.

I have tried the blow up rings and it doesn't seem to work well completely filled or partially filled. I also ordered a foam ring but it smashes right down and doesnt help either. Perhaps there is a foam ring that is more firm? I weigh about 190 lbs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions-

Sorry that I can't give you any suggestions for a supplier or an item that will help... but I can tell you that it will get better. You are essentially sitting on where your prostate used to be -- right on the surgical site. Has to heal. You will be more comfortable in a few more weeks.

Can you try a stand up desk arrangement? I had crazy pain sitting after I had an inflatable erectile device implanted four years ago. The only way I could tolerate desk work for the first few weeks post-op was to borrow a stand up desk from a colleague. If your desk can’t be replaced, you can buy stands that sit on top of your desk that can be raised an lowered according to your needs. Just a thought.

@Buzz Wow; that pain sounds horrible as does having to sit on it! I’m sorry I don’t have any references. Have you tried a lumbar spine pillow with a hole for the spine to hang into, so to speak? Being female, it’s hard for me to imagine exactly where your pain is, but I do know there are many lumbar pillows out there and I use a good one now. I got it on Amazon but it was 10 years ago.

Like this: