Any new effective meds for mild leakage after Greenlight Laser surgery?

Archives1

Staff member
I had Greenlight Laser prostate surgery almost 2 years ago and every since I have had leakage/spills. I wear thin underwear shields all the time. I'm on Gentessa but it does little good. Just wondering if anyone had tried a newer med with success. Thank you.

@Rangernan Hello and welcome! Unfortunately, the medications don’t work for most of us but they’re worth trying because they do work for some of us and that could include you! Some people get long-term relief from the medications and for others, they seem to wear off. Be really careful with your teeth if you take Oxybutynin (a.k.a. Ditropan). It’s basically a body-wide desiccant. It lists “dry mouth” as a side effect when what that should say is “irreversible tooth rot.”

Myrbetriq is a new medication that a lot of people have had success with. It hardly has any side effects. I have Neurogenic Bladder, which means the nerves between my bladder and spine are severed, so taking a medication isn’t going to fix that. But there are all kinds of reasons one has incontinence, so there are all kinds of solutions for different people. I would definitely try any of the medications because that would just be a wonderful solution if it can help.