Any Motorcyclists Here

Archives1

Staff member
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has some tips for riding with the Urinary Incontinence? With spring coming on I realize this is my first year for riding while wearing Depends and / or a Wiesner Clamp. I wear the clamp most days at home and make almost hourly piss trips. So, my guess is to get off and not get too loaded up in the saddle, if you know what I mean.

I'll be done with Chemo in a month, and though it's been tough, I think things are going well on that front. I am going to go for PT after chemo as the rigor of treatment interrupts and Kegel progress I seem to make.

Mainly, Do people here have any tips? Mostly, I ride my old '08 Goldwing or '13 Triumph Rocket Touring.
Thanks,
Mike

Depends on the kind of bike you ride? I have side hard bags and keep changes in a bag. I rode 4000 miles in 7 days last year and of course had much more luggage than just my side bags. I wear a full diaper and was with friends it is possible to take care of what you need to do when needed.

Message me if you have anything you want to discuss.

I’ve ridden my entire life from dirt to Road America on a BMW K12, and 3 years ago I rode my Harley Heritage Springer Softail around the track at Indianapolis! The tumor on my C-Spine has temporarily derailed my riding so I built an extreme Rock Crawling / Overlanding Jeep, now if my arm goes numb I only miss a shift!
I decided a long time ago that I would live my life as I did before my accident (In one of the safest cars Sweden has ever built, run over by a Semi)! I tried a cath w/ long tube & calf bag (FYI did you know pee boils when next to your front pipe for too long!)Not so good... I ended up using diapers after too many other unsuccessful tools. I would Fedex supplies in advance for luggage I used a couple of Sea-Line waterproof kayak bags in bright yellow for safety to carry spares as I never knew exactly when I would arrive & sometimes where? Since my accident I’ve ridden many 100,000+ miles including a lot of Canada coast to coast, all of the lower 48 on back roads, as well as the Baja Peninsula to Cabo a few times back when it was safer.
As the average age of my fellow riders went from 30ish to 50ish I was surprised how many guys pulled me aside at the end of the day to ask how that “Bag-Thing” works after spending the day stopping every 30minutes to pee from the vibration etc!
I truly laud you for living your life! Is wearing a diaper cheating on an “Iron Butt” run? It’s much easier to allow incontinence to take over your life if you let it, keep up the great attitude!
PM any questions

I cannot imagine wearing a clamp while riding (or in general). The spasms would destroy me. I wear a full diaper with a pad and plastic pants routinely. Sometimes I get the moons of shame, but the great thing about my Harley over the truck is the wind helps dry it up quick. If I have a wet butt when I get where I am going, I just blame the heat (in AZ).

those clamps remind me of a medieval torture device

wetdad said:
I cannot imagine wearing a clamp while riding (or in general). The spasms would destroy me. I wear a full diaper with a pad and plastic pants routinely. Sometimes I get the moons of shame, but the great thing about my Harley over the truck is the wind helps dry it up quick. If I have a wet butt when I get where I am going, I just blame the heat (in AZ).

Thanks for sharing. Inspiring. I’m 64 and been riding since I was 19. I still have my first bike a 70 BSA Light. Riding is like breathing to me. It’s hard to explain to others. The hope to ride again has gotten me through chemo twice. I’ll do what it takes. Prostate is gone, right breast is gone, but I’m still here.
Mike

Riding (dirt and street)is my mental and physical therapy. I’m 6 months out from prostatectomy and have had bladder and prostate cancer and a couple bouts with melanoma in the last 5 years. Riding has helped me immensely. I’m at 1 pad per day now. Hang in there!

Wow, I'm surprised how many riders are here. I've got a BMW K1200GT.

Tips? Not many. Most of my riding is commuting (90 miles a day, mostly rural interstate) and that's not really any different from commuting in the car - at least not as far as incontinence is concerned. For longer rides, luggage is your friend - just remember that diapers are light, so it might take a little forethought to balance the load side to side. Few of my rides are longer than a weekend, so I don't run into problems with packing enough supplies, but shipping them in advance to your hotels is a viable option.

I ride a '79 Triumph T140 Bonneville. Nappy and plastic pants undermy jeans and just enjoy the ride. I keep a spare Tena maxi and a small tub of sudocreme in strap on bag on the bike.

MrCatman said:
Thanks for sharing. Inspiring. I’m 64 and been riding since I was 19. I still have my first bike a 70 BSA Lightning. Riding is like breathing to me. It’s hard to explain to others. The hope to ride again has gotten me through chemo twice. I’ll do what it takes. Prostate is gone, right breast is gone, but I’m still here.
Mike

I love my Triumph Tiger 955is, doing a Utah trip this August as long as back Surgery goes well and then August 2022 doing an Alaska ride!!