ANY MALES PUT DIAPERS ON BACKWARDS, & FIND THEY WORK BETTER?

I guess Crome the beginning of this conversation, I though people were talking about a full tape on diaper. Well o guess not, I was changing for bed and looked at my Northshore diaper and it does seem as if there is a little more padding in the back of my diaper. I decided why not and put my diaper on backwards for the night. I sleep on a pad just in case, it was not easy to diaper myself having the tapes in the back and applying them. I got the diaper on and will report back tomorrow.

I saw the large padded area on the back of my pull up and tried putting it on backwards. But it didn't work. It fit too loose.

I wear cheap uni-sex pull ups and I did find that a slight adjustment does make them work better for a male: I wear them riding low in the front and pull them high in the back. It cuts down on leaks around the legs.

that is exactly what I was thinking I thought it would be difficult to tape a diaper on yourself backward and it sounds like you proved it it would be easier if you had someone to help well good luck let us know how it goes

Wbwayne11 said:
I guess Crome the beginning of this conversation, I though people were talking about a full tape on diaper. Well o guess not, I was changing for bed and looked at my Northshore diaper and it does seem as if there is a little more padding in the back of my diaper. I decided why not and put my diaper on backwards for the night. I sleep on a pad just in case, it was not easy to diaper myself having the tapes in the back and applying them. I got the diaper on and will report back tomorrow.

one problem I have found with most pullups especially on a male is that the front padding doesn't come up high enough and it is very possible to shoot right over the top of the padding

Owli, it sounds like you need more absorbant products. I would recommend you try Betterdry, Megamax, Drylife, Abena L4, to name a few. Depends are just supermarket brands that I found absolutely useless.

I was going to reply but laalaauk says exactly what I would have said. Adding one or more booster pads will increase the absorbency. It will help if you point your penis downward. If this is an issue, wear an athletic supporter under the diaper to keep it in place. You want the urine stream to flow into the crotch, instead of toward the waistband. In addition, fold the diaper in half lengthwise before you put in on. You want the crotch of the diaper to form a “well” for containment. Adjust everything after you’ve fastened the tapes.

it is possible to put the diaper on the usual way, shimmy it down over your hips without ripping the tapes, and then reapply backwards. It might be a bit loose, but that can be rectified with a pair of firm fitting underwear or a onesie. I have been known to try this, but I find with most the width at the crotch make them uncomfortable, but the extra padding above it is very much appreciated. I too would love to see diaper manufactures add addition padding both in width across the front and over all absorbancy in the front.

@laalaauk

You are right. Depends are cheaply-made (though not as cheap as some) and will only last with partial incontinence, plus an adhesive stick on pad, plus a folded industrial paper towel (like in company bathrooms that still use the white, folded ones) - will only last 2 days for me, if I am very careful and lucky. Other times during sleep, urine leaks over the stick-on pad, ruining it, and then going into the Depends. No one should have all to deal with all this overhead.

@wetdad

Thanks. See my answer to laalaauk. But it sounds like you are using those horrid ones that are not pull ups, but have velcro, and take forever to put on. I tried ONE, and it was such a nightmare to get one side of the two velcros to adhere, when i went to do the other side, it was like pure torture. And then, they would pull apart. I don't know how you guys who use them do it. These seem to be to be intended more for totally bed-ridden nursing home elderly patients who hardly move, and then the nurse can easily remove it, and turn the patient to put a new one under them.

Weight might have something to do with well fitting pads. I have a huge belly now and find the pad has to sit underneath my belly to get a tight fit. So finding pads which are not too hight in the waist fit me best. Also laying down to fit or standing up can affect fitting too. I do both and have varying success for a good fit as to whether it will leak. This is why I went over to a condom catheter with leg bag. it's the answer for my incontinence.

I'm just getting more and more upset and angry. It is now FOUR months since my large Benign prostate was burned out.

No amount of Kegels do ANYTHING. I read medical papers specifically on these strong lasers that burn out the tissue (i.e. HoLEP and ThuLEP. They say that the bladderneck sticks into the prostate area, and that it can be injured, damaged as the surgeon goes too close to it. Most of these articles also say that it takes a month or two, perhaps a bit more, for improvements or stoppage of leakage occurs if the bladder neck nerves were not damaged. This surgeon never said anything to me about this possibility, but simply answered my question about the possibility of incontinence, and agreed there was a "small chance", but he doesn't have these issues. He is Italian, trained by the top researchers of these procedures who are from Italy, who developed these lasers.

I can't see the doctor, and he is one that doesn't respond to emails or messages, without continued effort and calling the urology dept. and nurses, etc. etc. to get a call from him.

It just seems to me that the possibility is very probable that he damaged my internal bladder sphincter, which controls clamping and closing down from any leakage. The papers I read say if the external bladder muscle can get strong enough to control it, this can work, but emphasize that it does NOT work for a significant percentage of people.

I didn't have cancer (I certainly sympathize with those who did/do), so I never expected that I could end up being incontinent for life. Of course, the doctor downplayed this, and said once the COVID pandemic lets up (Who knows when that will be?) that he'd ultrasound my bladder after voiding, and then go from there. And send me to physical therapy where they would teach me more pelvic floor exercises.

When I told the doctor's top resident that I have a history of being told by GI doctors that I don't have good rectal sphincter tone, and that it is somewhat loose, he did say that it is possible that I wouldn't regain sufficient control, and would require being cut open and a phony sphincter control device put inside with metal screws, and might have to be opened up as much as 4 times, as getting them to be positioned right and stay that way often require that.

MAN, I don't want to be butchered open, with large multi-square long incisions.

I'm just really at a one of the lowest points of depression and anxiety I've ever been.