ANY MALES PUT DIAPERS ON BACKWARDS, & FIND THEY WORK BETTER?

Archives1

Staff member
I had a thulium laser removal of 95% of my huge prostate (148 cc). I had the expected leakage of urine, and this was using way too many Male Fit Flex Pampers. So, I took a white industrial paper towel (the kind many businesses use in their bathrooms), folded it in half, so it would be able to collect urine and keep the diaper intact, most of the time.

The way diapers are made is with the front side coming up the pelvic area a short amount; whereas the back side was much longer, probably for anal incontinence.

I thought this worked better. I am able to get, for free, Male stick-on urine pads, which are fairly thick, and stuck them on the absorbent part of the diaper.

It has been 3-1/2 months since surgery, and my dribbling leakage, though improved after one month, has turned around and gotten worse. I am a side sleeper, and if I am lucky enough to not get up every 2 hours as the paper towel gets soaked, I pull out the drenched paper towel and put a new one in.

I have to go through holding a part of a paper towel, and bend over, sideways, etc. to get still dribbling urine out. But this isn't bad enough (especially for someone w/insomnia), I can wake up and find that urine has somehow leaked and soaked into the grey elastic bands of the Pamper. I then have to throw the Pamper and the pad out. I put on new ones.

This is like living in hell. With COVID-19, I can only speak with the surgeon on the phone, though getting a phone call arranged takes at least a month or more. He doesn't have much to say about what i just described, but tells me to keep doing Kegels (what have they done? NOTHING!) and recommends that when medical offices & hospitals reopen when the virus is under control (When? A year from now?), and go to a physical therapist who will teach me other pelvic floor exercises.

Anyway, back to my question, have any incontinent males put on diapers backwards to get a better result? At this point, I just went back to forward, regular position, but the cotton doesn't start up high enough in front.

I’ve complained to most companies about not enough absorbent material in the front. Northshore has a pad that just tapes in place in your underwear. I use the back of the pad up front where males need more coverage. Works great. Maybe give them a try. I order the xl large pads normally when I order a case of briefs and liners.
Hope it helps.

Jim

CONFUSION:

They are DEPENDS, not Pampers, which are for babies. Sorry about that.

I just got off the phone with DEPENDS. I don't know if the agent knew what she was talking about, but she claims that I have been wearing them the correct way, stating the side with the higher pad is the FRONT.

She claims there is a dark dot on the back side in the waistband, but it is often impossible to see. I can confirm you can't find any dot.

I complained about the fact that not only do I carefully position them every time I pull them down to urinate, but worse is that during side-sleeping that urine can leak into the pad and then continue to leak onto the grey waistband, which ruins the entire diaper. You cannot even with a small, cut in half, wet sponge with a small amount of shampoo, effectively wash the waistband, as it just migrates to where the cotton portion is so cheaply pressed or glued to it.

I'd like to know if the men who have a worse problem with continence than I do experience this, and how they handle it.

I CONFIRMED that the FRONT of the diaper is the padding that goes up higher. I found on the package that it tells you to look for the "darker area", which I could not see.

I then was moving into a darker area of the room, and then it appeared! It is a square area, maybe 1-1/2 inches, that indicates the BACK.

Why can't the major company of these make it easier to determine something this basic?

Still waiting for those who have leakage that ends up soaking the waistband and getting under the 'seal' where the pad attaches to the waistband. :):|:):|

I’ve complained to them also several times over the many years I have used them. They get by with just enough material that it theory it should work but it is either not high enough or wide enough. The designers have a good and snug material but placement has allot to be improved in height and width of their material and in the back area they need a stronger adhesion for the pad after about 6 hours it pulls apart at the top of the material in back and then fluff goes everywhere. How nice at work😢

So has anyone actually worn a diaper backwards and would it work any better?? I would be interested in whether this would work??

I’ve done it a couple times with cheap ones that have more absorption in the back. Kind of weird to get tapes right though.

@jrpoorman

Obviously and expectedly, your complaints fell on deaf ears. You stated it perfectly that Depends & others

They get by with just enough material that it theory it should work but it is either not high enough or wide enough. The designers have a good and snug material but placement has allot to be improved in height and width of their material and in the back area they need a stronger adhesion for the pad after about 6 hours it pulls apart at the top of the material in back and then fluff goes everywhere.

They just want to maximize profits, and have them fall apart (as soon as the "fluff" starts to come out, I'm ready to remove the diaper immediately. I'm more or less retired, so I can imagine what a huge bummer it is for this to happen while you are at work. :(:(:(

I was so happy when I found the chat boards and learned about Northshore and some of the other companies. So much better products.

@jrpoorman

I'm confused as to what type of continence products you are using. I thought you were wearing Depends, or a similar, pull up, waist band diaper. They also make ones that Depends agent CLAIMED are as absorbent, so i don't know how they can be thinner to be worn under dress pants. The padding is what makes the bulk of the diaper, so it can't possibly have the same absorbency if there it has less material.

Then, you made a reference to getting the "tapes right." That sounds like you are wearing those 'L' shaped horrors with the velcro. I got some for free, and I wasted 45 minutes trying to get one on, and then the velcro straps just some apart from the slightest movements, or bending, and if you need to urinate, you have to take the whole d**n thing off, and go through this again. I don't know how anyone can wear these. They seem designed for bed-ridden, nursing home, very bad condition and 70 yr. + old poor things that won't last for long. Because it is easy for the nurse to take them off, clean soiled skin, and put a new one on.

Would appreciate you sharing what you are using.

I have never tried taping a diaper on backward and the way they wrap around me the tapes would probably wind up towards the middle of my back I don't think I could securely secure a diaper on myself backward

Depending on what’s going on...During the day, sometimes the men’s depend pull-up and stick one of their men’s shields pads in the front. I can toss the insert pad and replace a new one when it gets wet and still have the dry underwear to get on with the rest of the day. Other times Northshore has xl pads almost like a full brief but just tapes with two tapes into a pair of snug underwear. For guys (at least me) use the back, wider side of the Northshore pad in the front of your underwear. Makes a much better pocket to fit all the parts for guys🙂. Quick and easy to swap out.
Other times I use other things that work as I find them.
At night Northshore briefs, megamax or the better dry/crinklz. They are great for on trips or when you can’t be near a restroom for a long time. Have saved me allot of embarrassment since I found them.
Hope this helps.

@jrpoorman

So, when you say Depend Pull-Up, you mean the regular men's Fit Form? By the way, I looked closely at their claimed as absorbent Pull-ups, and they look like the 'elastic' waist band is cut down to half the height, and maybe the legs as well. But, we know what basically cheap junk they are.

I'm using them because I get a 84 pack box which makes them much cheaper. Since I'm at home, it doesn't really matter, and I'm no slim Jim (wish I still was).

I read somewhere here the Northshore, Megamax, and Crinklz are the cream of the crop, so they must be made superior to Depends. But I imagine the prices are much more expensive.

Dumb question, I guess, but how do you giving a Rating to a post? I've been giving you 3 hearts, because I can't find any other thing to click on for giving ratings.

it doesn't take much to beat Depends

olwi said:
@jrpoorman

So, when you say Depend Pull-Up, you mean the regular men's Fit Form? By the way, I looked closely at their claimed as absorbent Pull-ups, and they look like the 'elastic' waist band is cut down to half the height, and maybe the legs as well. But, we know what basically cheap junk they are.

I'm using them because I get a 84 pack box which makes them much cheaper. Since I'm at home, it doesn't really matter, and I'm no slim Jim (wish I still was).

I read somewhere here the Northshore, Megamax, and Crinklz are the cream of the crop, so they must be made superior to Depends. But I imagine the prices are much more expensive.

Dumb question, I guess, but how do you giving a Rating to a post? I've been giving you 3 hearts, because I can't find any other thing to click on for giving ratings.

@Wbwayne11

I was unsure about which was the front and the back of the Depends I am using. I then discovered that, according to Depends, the pad that extends up further should be in the front, which is how I was wearing them, and I thought I had them on backwards. So sorry, but many people are missing that.

However, look at your particular diaper, try one on the other way, and you can probably tell just by feel which is the front. In any even, it won't be any big thing if you use one diaper the opposite way and find it made things worse....

@DPCARE

How right you are. I've never had a Northshore, but it is self-evident Depends are made like the cheapest junk they can pawn off, based on their name. Probably years ago they were made better?

I don't use the pullup type diapers as I require more protection than what they offer but most pull-ups have the back marked either by a printed type fake tag in the back or colored threads in the waistband

olwi said:
@Wbwayne11

I was unsure about which was the front and the back of the Depends I am using. I then discovered that, according to Depends, the pad that extends up further should be in the front, which is how I was wearing them, and I thought I had them on backwards. So sorry, but many people are missing that.

However, look at your particular diaper, try one on the other way, and you can probably tell just by feel which is the front. In any even, it won't be any big thing if you use one diaper the opposite way and find it made things worse....

That little black stamp on the back of the men’s brief on depend grey pull-up is hard to see...goofy. Better than some cheaper pull-ups though.

I just said they are typically marked I didn't say they were marked well especially with Depends

jrpoorman said:
That little black stamp on the back of the men’s brief on depend grey pull-up is hard to see...goofy. Better than some cheaper pull-ups though.