Another way I found to stop leaking diapers

Archives1

Staff member
So I must eventually be a side sleeper - every so often I wake up and my diaper leaked either at the top or leg openings - I wear a thick confidry 24/7 diaper to sleep in and sometimes I leak on my protective bed sheet - I then started wearing a jock strap over my diaper at night - the jockstrap leg bands secure the diaper bottom and the thick top band fits snug at the diaper top - just thought I would share a alternative to prevent diaper leaks - I’m a nighttime bed wetter but would probably be the same for extra snugness for securing a diaper 24/7 - thought I would share for the leakers out there.

Chad

That's part of the thing here about incontinence. You discover and then you do whatever works for you and it's good to pass along tips that you have found out because they could work for others as well!

I can see how this could help. I use to wear regular underwear over mine for the same reason and it helped until my underwear got all stretched out.

I wet heavily at night and often leak but what helps is net fixing pants over my nappy as it keeps it in place. I wear padded inco pants and plastic pants as well. My bed is well protected so I don't worry too much about leaks.

@Stevewet Hi Steve. In the US, we don’t have a term called “net fixing.” Can you please elaborate, or include a photo so we can benefit from your advice? Thank you so much.

If you make sure your "junk" is always pointing down you can minimize leaks no matter the position you sleep in as long as you're wearing sufficient protection, at least in my case.

So I had made in the summer once again a trial with condom urinals. That actually worked pretty well - only had the disadvantage that I had to pay for them myself because the insurance would have paid only the complete conversion. If you don't have a huge bed and don't constantly turn in your sleep, the things work very reliably, at least for me. During the day I find this supply not so good, because I'm often on the road - and then the slobbering leg bag is annoying - especially when it is full. But in principle, condom urinals are a good thing. I also take them when I have skin problems, because the skin is then no longer wet and can recover.

Maybe that's a solution for you - because when you sleep on your side, the risk of leakage with a diaper is already quite high.