Another Update.

Archives1

Staff member
Yesterday went as good as it could. Gi doctor did not see anything abnormal but I am waiting on biopsy results. If you saw my post about Sunday than you know that I did not make it though the work week. Well they put me on medical status so I will not be paid like sick leave. I also have to get paperwork to go back to work but they said that they will accommodate me how ever needed, but it will mean changing my position in the plant. It also will get more embarrassing. I have had bowel and bladder issue for a while now and it is only getting worse. The paperwork also has to wait tell Monday as my GP is not in the care center today so no work tell maybe Monday. That all depends on if by manager accepts my need accommodations or if I will have to be transferred out of my area first. Big thing is that I will be going back to work wearing at least a pad to work for now. I have a GP appointment Monday and will be addressing my issues and telling him that the issue is that if I do not take Miralax I get so bound up I could die...Or if I do take it I have issues not crapping my pants at work. Also I will be addressing my urinary issues as well as they are bad right now no matter what I do... Yea 2020 can freaking die already.

Ask him about colestid. I gently firms and bulks up stool this making a form regular bm. Before that it was acute onset of diarrhea, gas. Yes it may bind, but causing a bulky stool may overcome that. My GI doc used it to absorb excess bile acid, cholesterol. Talk your doc into a weeks worth. I worked on me within 12 hours. 2 5gm tabs bid. Three other GI docs missed it!!

Doug said:
Ask him about colestid. I gently firms and bulks up stool this making a form regular bm. Before that it was acute onset of diarrhea, gas. Yes it may bind, but causing a bulky stool may overcome that. My GI doc used it to absorb excess bile acid, cholesterol. Talk your doc into a weeks worth. I worked on me within 12 hours. 2 5gm tabs bid. Three other GI docs missed it!!

I was taking Metamucil before they figured out that my bowel was not working so now they are trying to decided the best action to take but no answers yet. The issue is that because I had bowel surgery I cannot be bound up or it will kill me. and I am cannot pass stool without help so I am in a bad spot.

Doug said:
My only other suggestion is whiskey! Keep us updated

Well it differently would help me not care about crapping my pants, but I gave up drinking in 2012 and don't see going back.

Congratulations on giving up alcohol. That’s not easy. I think Doug was referring to alcohol (usually only in large quantities of strong spirits) causes diarrhea. But alcohol is never a legitimate solution to a longterm problem. Addiction isn’t something to tempt. I’m sorry you’re still having a rough week without many answers. And sorry to hear your employer is being a jerk.

@ThatFLGuy have you guys got access to a powder called Macragol or Laxido? It is less aggressive than Mirilax and might be kinder to your issues.