Anal / Butt Plugs

forrest

If anyone knows where I can purchase Peristeen Anal / Butt plug, or any other PLUG for fecal / bowel incontinence, please let me know where I can find them. The one not place I’ve been able to find them is on EBay, & they are usually always waaaaay overpriced!
Thanks

If anyone knows where I can purchase Peristeen Anal / Butt plug, or any other PLUG for fecal / bowel incontinence, please let me know where I can find them. The one not place I’ve been able to find them is on EBay, & they are usually always waaay overpriced!
Thanks
Get in contact with the good people at Gaboro Medical Supplies gaboromed.com. They are who I used to get my Ostomy supplies from when I still had it. They will source products for you and are a premier Coloplast dealer. They take all insurances and even have a no/low pay program that will help you cover what you cannot afford. Their website says they cover the Eastern U.S. but they have sourced products from TX and CA for me when I still had my ostomy. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you. (Phone Number on the website)

Get in contact with the good people at Gaboro Medical Supplies gaboromed.com. They are who I used to get my Ostomy supplies from when I still had it. They will source products for you and are a premier Coloplast dealer. They take all insurances and even have a no/low pay program that will help you cover what you cannot afford. Their website says they cover the Eastern U.S. but they have sourced products from TX and CA for me when I still had my ostomy. I would give them a call and see what they can do for you. (Phone Number on the website)
Thanks, I will try that.

I seen my gastro doc, asked about the coloplast peristeen plug, he said he had tried them years back, his patients found them to be very uncomfortable, so he does not recommend them, guess it’s time to try a tampon now. In a different post on here, someone tells about their experience using tampons & surprisingly recommended them, go figure.

I know the anal plugs are recommended by many with IBD. But I guess it depends on the diarrhea. I typically have “explosive” or forceful voiding and they were not recommended for me. If it is more seeping they may be a good solution.

I know the anal plugs are recommended by many with IBD. But I guess it depends on the diarrhea. I typically have “explosive” or forceful voiding and they were not recommended for me. If it is more seeping they may be a good solution.
If you learn where I can buy them let me know.

@MartineL
I did biofeedback and tried one of those. It helped a little but not much. I have a large stim machine at home like they use in PT, and one of those anal stim plugs. I’ve used it some. The only bad thing about it is I can’t move around with it because it’s not portable. If I could find a small one that offered Russian mode on it, I would use it.

Last edited:
@MartineL
The Russian therapy mode is a specific type of therapy mode on a stim unit, not all stim units offer the Russian therapy mode option, it has to be that particular mode that is used to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. You cannot use any stim unit as they are advertised all over the internet, most all falsely advertise. Not all physical therapist are trained to work with individuals on pelvic floor strengthening exercises or do the biofeedback, actually very few are trained to do this specifically, and most are female. I’m old fashioned, and I’d rather have a male therapist, rather not have a female checking my anal muscles, that’s me.

Last edited:
Hi Forest,

as far as I know, Coloplast has stopped production of the butt plugs in the Peristeen productline. So I‘m afraid you have to look for an alternative. Navina Insert from Wellspec could be ones.

CU Michael

Hi Forest,

as far as I know, Coloplast has stopped production of the butt plugs in the Peristeen productline. So I‘m afraid you have to look for an alternative. Navina Insert from Wellspec could be ones.

CU Michael
Thanks, after reading this, I kinda remember someone posting it before, it may of been you, not sure, but appreciate the reminder. I will admit though, I have a terrible problem with my memory, may of mentioned that before too. My doctor doesn’t recommend any of the plugs, but he also doesn’t have problems with his sphincter. I think my best option is going to be a regular tampon, just haven’t developed the nerve to try it yet. When I do, I’ll post my thoughts on it. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Forest,

CU Michael
Thanks. Never heard of Wellspect plugs but it might be worth trying.

Thanks. Never heard of Wellspect plugs but it might be worth trying.
Isn’t that the navina inserts? I’ve seen those on the internet, just haven’t found a place where I can buy them here in the US. Would love to hear a review from someone who has tried them!

I seen my gastro doc, asked about the coloplast peristeen plug, he said he had tried them years back, his patients found them to be very uncomfortable, so he does not recommend them, guess it’s time to try a tampon now. In a different post on here, someone tells about their experience using tampons & surprisingly recommended them, go figure.

Maybe a little tmi, but make sure to use lube for insertion, or the skin can tear. Also it's highly recommend to tape the string cause no one wants to go to the ED to have it removed cause it moved up and the string became inaccessible.

Maybe a little tmi, but make sure to use lube for insertion, or the skin can tear. Also it's highly recommend to tape the string cause no one wants to go to the ED to have it removed cause it moved up and the string became inaccessible.
That’s good advice about using tape, I think I was just assuming it couldn’t go anywhere, and if it did poo would eventually push it out. You know what they say about assume!

While trying to picture that tape on me, I don’t know, wouldn’t that pull hair? I’m pretty hairy? This is off topic, but made me think about an abscess I had due to an infected hair root. It was huge and so painful, located barely to the side of the bottom of my scrotum, couldn’t stand to sit or move. Had to have surgery, doctor said he couldn’t stitch it up & it had to heal & close on its own. He left a 2 1/2” opening in length & over an inch in depth. It took close to 3 weeks to heal up. I know I’m probably sharing too much, just made me think about it.

I ordered a sample package of the Wellspect Navina plug. It’s a package of 5 standard and 5 large plugs with a manual chart.

For me this is the first time experimenting without consulting a doctor or nurse. A few years ago I did try another brand, it could be Peristeen but I am not 100% sure, under supervision of a continence nurse. She showed me how to use and what to expect so I am quite sure I am safe to use them.

The reason I try them is because I have limited feeling and control which means my bowel can get active at any time without being able to stop it. Often I reach the toilet on time but especially when going out I often feel insecure.
The anal plugs I used before were made of foam and blocked the sphincter due to expansion when inserted. The Wellspect plug is shaped like a mushroom and made of a silicone like material. Every plug is packed with an applicator that allows some pressure for insertion and it is very easy, much easier than inserting the foam plugs. A wider end makes sure it is not inserted too far and used to pull it out after use. Other than the foam plugs where only a string comes out, some soft silicone material is sticking out of the body. For me this is not a problem but others might feel it especially when sitting. Pulling it out is much easier than the foam plug which is a really big advantage.

Unlike the foam plugs my body quickly adapted to a foreign object inserted. They do what they intended to and for me they are actually very comfortable. It feels good not having to fear for a bowel accident and it relaxes my body in a way I almost forgot was possible. So most likely i will use them more often when going on a daytrip or other occasions when a toilet is not near.