Alternative treatments

Archives1

Staff member
My Urologist thinks my incontinence must be a nerve issue and would like me to get a second Neurological opinion. Not sure what that will do for me. Has anyone tried chiropractic care or acupuncture as a treatment for incontinence?

There was a man who was in his early 30s who had urinary leaking and sudden urges. He couldn't get a diagnosis, he was a VA patient.
His friend an aspiring chiiropractor cracked his neck and the problem stopped.
I just remembered his name you can read his thread in the kistibgs of threads
His name was so yea and all that

Hi Rupertino,

I go to chiro every 2 weeks now and I can’t say I have ever notice I difference with my urge incontinence or whatever we want to call it. Lol.

I can’t say much of the alternative therapies have helped my incontinence episodes but perhaps they would be much worse if I didn’t do the following: so I get some relief thinking about it that way!

I have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and I have literally tried everything to help combat it and honestly nothing I can say has helped my incontinence from what I have tried. My urologist now says that most likely the nerves in my spine were too damaged by the time I was formally diagnosed. So basically they are just slowly dying now and that explains why I am having urinary issues when my 2 last mri’s come back clean with no active lesions. ;). So helpful. Not.

I have done intrathecal stem cell injections 4 times, injections of stem cells into the blood stream on 5 occasions. All with the intention to hopefully rebuild brain matter or help with problems where ever in my body I.e. urinary incontinence. Who knows if they have prevented it getting drastically worse. ;). I will just think that as it’s easier to accept.

I am on the drug tecfidera to hopefully minimize ms attacks in the future my fingers are crossed for that outcome.

I also take myrbetriq 50mg and just recently stopped vesicare 5mg in
addition to myrbetriq.

I have done tons of psychological treatment in terms of incontinence and just the uncertainty that comes with my disease. And other issues which has come up in sessions with my therapist.

As I don’t know of any of this helps you but I think the main thing I have truthfully come to accept one needs to love ones self no matter the circumstances one is facing. Accept and be positive moving forward in whatever direction you chose. Don’t doubt yourself and don’t beat yourself up over anything. Learn from it and move forward positively and make small changes for the better. I wish I could tell everyone the magic solution unfortunately I cannot as there isn’t a magic solution or perhaps it is in discovering ones inner self and being at peace with it.

Sorry for preaching as I do not mean to do that. However, it can help immensely in certain situations.

I hope you discover something that helps you all the best going forward and any questions from anyone by all means please ask.

Acupuncture has no scientific evidence of having any modicum of relief other than being simply psychosomatic (you’re brain fooling you in to thinking that it works). The same with a chiropractor.

I have heard of chiropractic care done on children for bedwetting, but not adults. Haven't heard any success or failure stories yet. It may or may not help you. It's your choice. Hope this helps.

I use a chiropractor occasionally when I do something stupid. I find my visits help my back. They do nothing to help my bladder issues.

To Jwh, your post was long, but you have been going through so much. Thank you for reminding us "one needs to love ones self no matter the circumstances one is facing. Accept and be positive moving forward in whatever direction you chose. Don’t doubt yourself and don’t beat yourself up over anything. Learn from it and move forward positively and make small changes for the better." I am in difficult circumstances, and this reminder helps me.

100% correct maymay. Unfortunately we all lose that understanding at some points and we need to reconfirm that or truly understand what love is.

Love is absolutely awesome and we all need to love ourselves truly and deeply.

Love is very powerful and allows us to see light when darkness surrounds us.

Boasammy thank you and hopefully you can get through your hard times and rise above and find peace love and a way to move forward.

Glad I could help you at this time.

We should all lean on each other during hard times.

I am so thankful for this site and everyone here and we are not judged and we can discuss our issues openly and learn from one another and learn we are loved and not social outcasts as incontinence can be very daunting at first and eventually we all learn to accept in our own ways and move forward positively.

May peace and love surround all of us.

Amen to what you wrote, Jwh. I am so grateful for this site, and for all of you. Thank goodness we can connect with one another.
Love may not be all you need, but it sure goes a long way.