After my first visit with the urologist

Archives1

Staff member
I went for the first time and had a fun front and back end experience with the doctor. Thankfully, he had a good bedside manner. Nothing conclusive was found in that sense. I’m going to get urodynamics test. Front and back again. Got to enjoy that fact that I’m an unusal case given age and nothing stand outish. I’m just concerned that they won’t find anything. Worst part is that the closest available slot for me is in May. I’m just concerned that there might be no going back with all the time that has passed and will pass. I don’t how true it is but I’ve read that bladder muscles are harder to retrain than others. I known it can be worse. I have to keep telling myself that. Thanks just for listening. Venting is what I can do right now. For now I’m going to calm/spoil myself with the food from a local Pizza place.

From my own experience and what I have heard from others here, a diagnosis of "I dunno" is quite common.

I went to a neurologist and had all the tests done, including a urodynamic study and mine turned out to be a neurogenic bladder. No real physical cause except for a pinched nerve in back and some lost of cartilage in my spine from test that my neurologist did. Waiting to go back in June for all my test results to be reviewed and explained to me. Until then I'm still having to wear pull up diapers 24/7 and by looks of things maybe never get back out of them. Oh well! There is always worse things that can happen to you, right?

Good point Pete! It is smart to get your own personal diagnosis to set your mind at ease.
And eat pizza, and bent here. Thats good too!

@Petejc That's why I read Stephen King, I may pee my pants, but at least a killer clown is not after me.

Squander there is probably a support group for people afraid of clowns,. When you find it I will join lol!

I knew you would have a helpful response
Annnnd.... it wasnt!! Aughhhhh!!!!
Now back to hiding out in the bathroom.

I hope the results are nothing serious just bear in mind an inconclusive result may be frustrating but it is a whole lot better than a diagnosis of a serious health condition

@DPCARE It is in your knowledge that nothing could be shown and I could be in this situation with no real medical reason why. Ergo, the bladder just said nah to holding it; regardless of test results? Will a doctor ever just say well, that’s all I can do?

My urologist did all tests he could and found that mine are neurogenic. Therefore, he exhausted all the tests he could do and sent me to neurologist for further evaluation and treatment.

Bladder muscles is not know, I have been Incontinent full since age 19-20 and I am 47 now, I had back surgery two years ago and after like six months I started feeling myself peeing. I was so excited maybe I could essentially potty train myself. My family doctor said impossible the muscles surely had atrophied. Myself and wife were not taking that as the possibility. I started going to pelvic floor training. So embarrassing they tested me and you have to really focus on the muscles and they found a slight trace of twitchin like .25 out of 10. The woman doing treatment said I think we can at least try. I was going every other day and exercises each day. When I went in whole so embarrassing I would get on table untape my diaper half way and have something up my rest that would stimulate the muscles and make them work. Well after like 6 months I was in pull ups as I would go to the bathroom every hour or so, I couldn’t tell when I had to go but I was able to slightly slow it down. I was so excited, and then totally feeling just stopped and my back pain was back, I totally could not feel when I was wetting when standing up, if sitting down I could feel the warmth. Worst thing was sitting or standing and feel I was wetting I was going through so many diapers and pull ups because I knew I was wetting and was changing so often. So don’t take the muscles won’t ever work! Keep trying!