Accepting the urge when it can't wait?

sj2016

I'm doing well after the recent hurricane came through. Lost some power yesterday morning but doing well today.

I woke up and had an urgent need to poop this morning, but I ended up using my protection when I had to go right away and couldn't get to the toilet.
With autism it's hard to have the sensory awareness of when I need to go, and sometimes I want to accept it when it happens, and still be responsible for it.

Wearing protection keeps me from centering my life around the nearest toilet, and I want to feel more confident accepting it the best I can. I have to take miralax at times to keep me regular, but I'd rather accept an accident than be too constipated to go.

Can anyone else relate? Hope you are doing well?

I'm doing well after the recent hurricane came through. Lost some power yesterday morning but doing well today.

I woke up and had an urgent need to poop this morning, but I ended up using my protection when I had to go right away and couldn't get to the toilet.
With autism it's hard to have the sensory awareness of when I need to go, and sometimes I want to accept it when it happens, and still be responsible for it.

Wearing protection keeps me from centering my life around the nearest toilet, and I want to feel more confident accepting it the best I can. I have to take miralax at times to keep me regular, but I'd rather accept an accident than be too constipated to go.

Can anyone else relate? Hope you are doing well?
Constipation is rare for me - mostly diarrhea, but if I use Imodium - I can experience it - together with horrible stomach pain. I understand your choice, but also understand it is difficult. At least it is not something I do easy… But there is rarely an easy way out with these issues…