absorbent diapers

Archives1

Staff member
I'm desperately in search of a diaper that will keep my clothes and bed dry. any suggestions. 34 yr old male. very heavy wetter

I also have been trying various diapers. I am almost totally incontinent after a radical prostectomy and radiation. The best I have found for nighttime is "Confidry 24/7". Somewhat bulky but with great absorbency. When I was on a catheter I was dispensing almost 2000 milliters at night. Jim

When at home, I use thick cloth diapers with plastic/PUL pants. They are comfortable and absorb moisture more evenly throughout the diaper. There are numerous websites that offer these products. Adult Cloth Diaper, Changing Times, Babykins(they carry adult products as well). Do a google search, and you will find a lot more. I also use disposables when traveling from Bambinos. They seem to cater to the ADBL crowd, but there products are excellent. If you can ignore the designs on some of their diapers, they work well. They also carry a number of all white diapers that I prefer.

Hey man, I'm 29. I'd say that the Dry 24/7 and North Shore Supreme are the most absorbent medical diapers out there right now. Followed by Abena and Molicare.

I alternate between the 24/7 and North Shores myself. I rarely have any leaks and usually wake to a 3/4 full diaper.

I agree with Boopa0586 about the quality diapers, though you may want to add an insert if those diapers are not absorbent enough for you. My go to choice at night is the North Shore Supreme with an insert and plastic pants. I've experimented successfully with cloth but I find them too labor intensive.

I'm 44, male, and a very heavy wetter. I find Abena to work well. I wear M2 during the day and M4 to bed.
I have zero control and have been happy with these.

I am also a heavy wetter at night. I use the 24/7 brand at night and tranquility atn's during the day. Had no problems with leaks at all.

All of the above appear to be very good suggestions! Don't forget, you can always add booster pads (inserts) to increase capacity at night or even in the day.

Take a look at the chart to compare the top brands of adult disposables in this link:

I just want to add, especially for the OP, and all other posters as well...the biggest thing is that we don't feel any shame or embarrassment in using protection.

We all have issues that we don't want or need...but still have regardless.

The whole trick is to not dwell and beat ourselves up. We choose to manage our issues with various types of protection.

Groups/forums like this one are some of the best places around for us to find support and comfort.

Just know...we're here for you, whoever you are.

When I'm at home I wear heavy washable protection, especially at night; I wear disposable protection when I travel.

I have spent a lot of time trying samples. I have found the ConfiDry 24/7 for night under Gary pants. I am able to make it all night with it being full in the morning. During the day I wear Northshore flex supreme pull on with Gary pant. I have found it to be comfortable and very absorbent. Next I am going to try a booster pad in the pullons. Gary pant is great for stopping leakage.

I'm new to bedwetting, or at least regular heavy bedwetting. Some one on another forum recommended Abena level 4 aka xplus. I've been in them for a week now and my bed has stayed totally dry despite my bladder's best efforts to the contrary.