Absorbants

Archives1

Staff member
Hi everyone from Texas - USA!

What kind of absorbants does everyone use? I am female and currently use Depends. They mostly work, but was wondering if there is something better. I use several depends every day.

Thanks!

I would look at Northshore. They have great products and provide free samples. Lots of different products on the market.

Kevin82 said:
I would look at Northshore. They have great products and provide free samples. Lots of different products on the market.

Thank you! I will definitely check them out!

If you google stuff lots of products out there. It will be trial and error as manufacturing and fit is different for everyone.

Kevin

Bk,
I had a friend that lived down near San Antonio, and she swore by cotton reusable products. She said the fabric allowed her skin to breath much better than disposables, and she was able to incorporate them easily into her wardrobe. They do take a bit of an investment, and can be bulkier than disposables, a lot depends (No pun intended!) on the amount & frequency of leakage.
I’ve dealt with this incontinence for 30 years now, and live in the Hot & Muggy Carolina’s and I use a mix of both. Over time the reusables make better sense, and are far more comfortable in my opinion, but I need the absorbency of disposables if I’m going to be out & about for any period of time.
There are far more options than ever these days, so I’d follow Kevin’s suggestion and see what Northshore might provide. I use their products and Better Dry most often. Kins or Babykins for the reusables.
Best of luck, lots of variables!

I always wear plastic backed diapers - I’m a heavy nighttime bed wetter. When it started I tried depends flex fit for men - my experience was horrible with depend brand - I now use MagaMax by northsore or confidry plastic back diapers for bed time - I can go a whole night and most of times I don’t leak - I pay more to be able to sleep throughout the night so I don’t have to wake up to wet sheets- works for me but everyone is different - if traveling I use a store bought pull up - not depends brand

My 2 cents

Chad

Since I only bedwet now, I use overnight pull-on reusable diapers with plastic pants. Expensive at first, but over the long hall, much cheaper. Only draw back is you probably need 6 or 7 to start with. Washing them is not a big deal. 3 at a time then line dry two days. Then a 5 minute dryer to soft them up

I only wear plastic-backed diapers I am currently using Abena Abriform L4 I also have booster pads Ican add to them and I use chux-pads on my bed