A little worried

Archives1

Staff member
Hey NAFC,

I dont know how often i will be on here - but remember how i had the back pain and fevers at night and i wasnt sure why it wasnt going away - well i had bloodwork and then an MRI which was concerning - and now ive had an ultrasound and needle biopsy of my left groin lymph node which from the biopsy appeared to have a lesion.

There concern is i have cancer in my spine which may have spread from my lymph nodes - and im scared. I have to wait a little more than a week to get the results and then that same week im going to meet with an oncologist to statt treatment hopefully immediately.

Im just worried i didnt catch it in time - and that something will happen to me before i start treatment. Ive been feeling fine during the day, my back pain is gone and so is my fevers, and my bloodwork came back normal prior to my biopsy - so im hoping thats a positive because i can go into this feeling strong.

This is the reason why ive been inactive; and ive been reluctant to say anything because im still processing it.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs

Hi @Honeeecombs
I'm really sorry to hear that and you know that you have my very best wishes for a complete recovery and a successful course of treatment.
Going into this, if I were you, I'd tell your doctors all of your concerns and be completely honest and truthful with what you say. You want everything out on the table so to speak. And you'll want to have them put out all of the options that will be available to you.
At this stage there are probably some options that may be possible.
And check the credentials of those treating you. Find out what doctor or medical center has the best record of treating this thing.
You deserve nothing but the very best. You have so much to give so please don't ever forget that!
AS for whether you caught this in time, please level with the doctor and ask them point-blank if that's the case. That way you may find you have yet more options available.
Will something happen before you start treatment? I think that's a question that's on everybody's mind when they get this type of news. Just go ahead and ask. You're laying everything you're concerned about on the table and you want the doctors to do likewise.
I hope this has helped and will give you the means to find out more. I think at this stage you're gathering information and finding out options so find out as much as you can. And please don't stop until you're satisfied with the answer.
But please know this: you have my very best wishes along with everybody else's here on this site. Everyone's going to be pulling for you 1000 percent!
We'll get you through this together!
And you have every reason to go into this feeling strong!!
Please keep us updated whenever you can. We'll get you through this!

Prayers from me too. I have prostate cancer. But it's a very low grade one. When they discoverd it. My PSA was in the 7's. The doc did a biopsy with untrasound.He took 18 samples. I think he got most of the cancer out. My PSA'S have been in the 3's the last 2 years.

May the Lord bless and guide you through this journey you are on. Just know that there will be a lot of people on this forum praying for you.

@Honeeecombs - What an unexpected turn of events. I agree with billliveshere. Get it all out on the table with all the details and insist that your doctors do the same - even if not everything they tell you is set in stone. Write down any questions before hand and the answers. You might consider bringing someone else along to the appointments. A second set of ears always helps as your head will probably be spinning trying to comprehend everything. Sending you prayers and all the best thoughts. - Pam

Honeeecombs, so sorry to hear how things are with you. Please take comfort in knowing that we are all praying that the Lord’s healing Hands will be on you and in time you will look back and say Wow! Thank you Lord.

Thank you everyone;

Your kind words and support mean so much to me at this time. My biggest concern is time - with all the tests I've had to do I'm really concerned about making it in time for treatment; and i know I shouldn't be thinking about that - but it's always on my mind due to the seriousness of possible cancer on my spine and lymph node issues.

I'm trying really hard to stay positive and the doctors are working as fast as they can to get me a diagnosis and then treatment - and my family and doctor say they believe I will be okay for treatment but it's always in the back of my mind.

Sincerely,
Honeeecombs