A fun post. Things you should ask for this holiday.

Archives1

Staff member
For all the dudes out there.

Grove belts are awesome.

Nothing like magnets to make getting your pants down to prevent an accident so much easier.

Everyone knows the huge trend that is the Stanley Tumblers all the ladies are carrying around right now. Got to keep that hydration up, or sneak some good wine into that family party that you know is going to be a drag.

I talk about this one all the time. A HEROCLIP is a lifesaver. It is an over-the-door clip thing that keeps your bag off the dirty floor.

Also, I rejoined the Forbidden Fruit team. I don't know how I lived without Apple Airtags for so long. I do not lose stuff a lot but when I am packing to go to the hospital finding some things is now not an issue.

I am sure there are a few things people here cannot live without that having help them day to day. Go ahead and add your best, got to have things.

I love my cat more than any previous cat or dog I've ever had. He was a Christmas present I asked Santa for 20 years. He is the best friend ever. The gift of finding and adopting him is my all-time favorite gift I’ve received.

I love to have a PopSocket on my iPhone because it keeps my wrists in better alignment.

I have to have movie theatre passes.

And I really, really, REALLY need it to snow here, in the Salt Lake valley. So far it has only snowed in the mountains. I want it to snow at least a foot at my condo, and I want it to stay cold so that the snow can last. So far, we’ve had a warm, dry winter.

I love wearing my North Face down booties/slippers that are also shoes with my thickest Smart Wool socks to keep my cold feet warm. I wear the thickest sock they make during the winter. They’re very expensive socks (at least $30 per pair but they last a long time so the price is right in the long run.

I’d like a “buffet table,” also known as a “sideboard.” I’d also like a sideboard.

@ThatFLGuy What do you mean when you say, “I rejoined the Forbidden Fruit” team? I know there’s a band called Forbidden Fruit. or do you mean that an apple product is the forbidden fruit?

@snow
Apple devices are the forbidden fruit
I was an android user for three years. I finally got back to iPhone and realized I should have never left.

@ThatFLGuy Ah, I see. Yeah, sometimes I think about leaving my iPhone so I could better customize a phone the way I want it to be via Android, but the security of Apple devices keeps me locked in. My personal laptop is a MacBook Pro but for Activision Blizzard they make me use a powerful Windows laptop. So I can use both, but Apple has much more in common with the way my brain works. Maybe that’s because all the computers I used at school in elementary, junior, high school, and college were Macs so that’s what my brain got used to….. no, wait, I had a PC at home from age 12, and I used it a lot. Most of the entertainment industry thrives on Apple. So I guess I’ve always been ambidextrous with both operating systems but I simply prefer Apple stuff. However, nothing has been the same since Tim Cook has been the CEO. I don’t like him; he’s way too greedy - I call him Tim Crook. I really wish we’d had more time with Steve Jobs alive in our lives.

I’m glad you get use from AirTags. I’m a little scared of someone else using one on me because of all the news stories about women having their cars stalked via AirTags.

@snow

I don't lose stuff a lot. I just hate that when I need something I cannot find it but when I don't need it is always in the way.

Airtags just make sure that when I am packing for going to the hospital I have everything.

I have read about the venerability of airtags but that can be done with a lot of different things.

Where I like them is they are part of the find my feature so I just make my bag chime and walk right to it. You also can get a compass-like thing to show you where stuff is.

And the deciding factor for getting them was that I have three bags that from a sight look identical. I even wrote on them with a silver marker. Well the last year I went home for Thanksgiving I took the wrong one with me and it was not a good time. The one I needed had all my chargers for my nintendo switch in it so I did not get to use it at all that trip.

I would like to have some health issues disappear, but brain injury doesn't do that- as some of you know.... right now, I'm dealing with problems from a brachial plexus injury that happened in the same accident as the head injury. However, I do anticipate getting through it. I wish you all a Merry Christmas, that you will enjoy every moment of the holidays, and that the new year is a good (and drier) one.

“Everybody stops and stares at me
These two knees are gone as you can see.
I don't know just who to blame for this catastrophe
But my one wish on Christmas Eve is as plain as can be:

All I want for Christmas are my two front knees,
Yeah, my two front knees,
See my two front knees.
Gee, if I could only have my two front knees,
Then I could wish you, ‘Merry Christmas’!

It seems so long since I could ski,
With Sister Susie gliding through the snowy!
Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be,
if my new knees healed in a jiffy!!
A jiffy!

All I want for Christmas are my new front knees,
Yeah, My two front knees.
See my two front knees.
Gee, if I could only have my two front knees
Then I could wish you, ‘Merry Christmas’!

It seems so long since I could bike ride,
With Sister Susie flying past the thistles!
Gosh, oh gee, how happy I'd be, if my knees moved like a whisper!
A whisper!

All I want for Christmas are my two new knees,
My two new knees,
See my two new knees.
Gee, if I could only have my new front knees
Then I could wish you, ‘Merry Christmas’! “