A common cold

Archives1

Staff member
This weekend I came down with a cold. And if its not bad enough thst I have a sore throat and cough and feel aweful, but my over active bladder is going crazy. Treeible urges. Anyone else experience increased symptoms with a cold?

Yes, I have, and if you can stay home and drink fluids it would be best. Keep in mind you might have a UTI

God Bless-I swear it is always something. Drink hot tea with honey and you may have to go to urgent care or your doctor.

Going through this right now, I feel absolutely miserable and can’t wait for it to pass. Came in all of a sudden and hope it goes away just as fast and yes my problems are amplified , I just need to remember to stay hydrated.

It’s pretty common for this to happen actually and like the others say it’s crucial to stay hydrated as much of a pain it is through this it will help it pass quicker. Last time I had a cold it turned into an upper respiratory infection then I was in real trouble!! I ended up missing a week of work and felt like death was knocking on my door. The Dr told me it settled because I wasn’t hydrated and did t slow down and take care of myself when it was just a cold!! So since then I dont worry about my Incontinence I just deal with it and try to keep the rest of what’s working in me healthy!! Best of luck to you!!

Thanks. Okay I get it. Stay hydrated. I will try. More for the bladder to deal with. But it is more important to get well.

Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-virus along with chicken soup. It must be all the vegetables in it. Studies have shown both to help a lot. Blessings

Oooh yeah. Right there with you. As I was starting to have worse problems during the day, I came down with a nasty cold. I slept a lot and woke up soaked every time. When I was awake I couldn’t make it to the bathroom before I would wet myself. Fortunately I had diapers for my night issues and just wore them the whole time. My ex wife made me cup after cup of chicken broth. I was better in 2 days time, but my bladder still kept going crazy for another week.

melanie said:
Thanks. Okay I get it. Stay hydrated. I will try. More for the bladder to deal with. But it is more important to get well.

Yep it will, but just be protected well, and your bed. and chair pads. Keep the fluids going in and out