A better option over disposable diapers?!

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone - you may have gotten a private message from me if I read your comment and I thought you may be interested in our reusable leakproof underwear. (And I absolutely read the comments... please understand, I'm not trying to spam anyone or necessarily sell a product.) We are in startup mode and we'd love to build our Youni Community so that we might continue supporting each other in various ways. Our company has a bigger social mission beyond underwear, too.

What I'd really love from you all is some initial feedback on our product concept. We have created real, washable underwear that controls odors and prevents leaks. This not only allows for a more comfortable and sustainable option over disposables, but it also saves you money!

Please check out our video and feel free to comment with your questions, concerns and feedback. We really do want to know how you feel about this product! Do you think it would be a good solution for you? Would you wear them? If not, why? We are so grateful for any and all feedback. Thank you SO much! - Anna

That's so great! Thank you for your interest! We are having a pre-sales event on our crowdfunding campaign website, so it's a perfect time to order at a discounted price.

We will be adding more to the product descriptions and hopefully we'll have sample photos to add shortly. We've been unable to do this to date because of IP and a few other holdups, but we'd be very happy to provide more details in the meantime if you have any specific questions after looking over the campaign.

I too am incredibly interested in your product. If I am not mistaken, I believe I saw you present your Fuzzy Bunz to the "Sharks" on The Shark Tank? If this is correct, I recall thinking at the time, what a brilliant idea/concept they were. I will use the information above to check out your product further as I am extremely interested in trying your Youni product out. Thanks for thinking about this community.

I too seem to remember seeing that on Shark Tank and thinking an adult version would be good

Jgsvch said:
I too am incredibly interested in your product. If I am not mistaken, I believe I saw you present your Fuzzy Bunz to the "Sharks" on The Shark Tank? If this is correct, I recall thinking at the time, what a brilliant idea/concept they were. I will use the information above to check out your product further as I am extremely interested in trying your Youni product out. Thanks for thinking about this community.

I am a little concerned about using this forum for advertising, especially the use of private messages.

Yes, my partner (Tereson) was indeed on Shark Tank.

Squander - my apologies that you feel I'm trying to advertise. We are two single mothers who quit our jobs to start this company because we feel that passionate about helping people with incontinence to find another option... we aren't even making money at this point. We are looking for feedback on the concept so that we can help to assist as many needs as possible. I messaged a few directly before I decided to just post a general message... I do not plan on sending anymore private messages.

Also, if others feel the same as Squander, I will happily bow out of this forum and those who are interested may follow us on social media to stay updated. I am definitely not trying to offend or spam anyone.

@LoveYouni Thanks for at least being up front about your purpose. I hope you can understand why it would defeat the purpose of this forum if it we bombarded with commercial messages.

I believe that the NAFC provides other parts of this website where commercial offerings are better located.

I wonder if you should try and take your new concept to Shark Tank and see what kind of Feedback the Sarks give you it could be worth a shot

LoveYouni said:
Yes, my partner (Tereson) was indeed on Shark Tank.

Squander - my apologies that you feel I'm trying to advertise. We are two single mothers who quit our jobs to start this company because we feel that passionate about helping people with incontinence to find another option... we aren't even making money at this point. We are looking for feedback on the concept so that we can help to assist as many needs as possible. I messaged a few directly before I decided to just post a general message... I do not plan on sending anymore private messages.

Squander said:
@LoveYouni Thanks for at least being up front about your purpose. I hope you can understand why it would defeat the purpose of this forum if it we bombarded with commercial messages.

I believe that the NAFC provides other parts of this website where commercial offerings are better located.

I believe it is not a commercial post, rather a feedback request, so they are able to better address the various needs IC people out here have. And I think this is the best place to gather such feedback, as this (and similar such forums) are a great collection of people affected by this phenomenon.

LoveYouni said:
Hello everyone - you may have gotten a private message from me if I read your comment and I thought you may be interested in our reusable leakproof underwear. (And I absolutely read the comments... please understand, I'm not trying to spam anyone or necessarily sell a product.) We are in startup mode and we'd love to build our Youni Community so that we might continue supporting each other in various ways. Our company has a bigger social mission beyond underwear, too.

What I'd really love from you all is some initial feedback on our product concept. We have created real, washable underwear that controls odors and prevents leaks. This not only allows for a more comfortable and sustainable option over disposables, but it also saves you money!

Please check out our video and feel free to comment with your questions, concerns and feedback. We really do want to know how you feel about this product! Do you think it would be a good solution for you? Would you wear them? If not, why? We are so grateful for any and all feedback. Thank you SO much! - Anna

I am on my way home on the train. Will check out your video once I'm home.

I agree it is not a commercial post they are trying to get feedback on a new product idea and personally, I would welcome this

Petya217 said:
Squander said:

I believe it is not a commercial post, rather a feedback request, so they are able to better address the various needs IC people out here have. And I think this is the best place to gather such feedback, as this (and similar such forums) are a great collection of people affected by this phenomenon.

LoveYouni said:

I am on my way home on the train. Will check out your video once I'm home.

I am fine with you sharing here. If there truly is a revolutionary product than I, for one, want to know about sooner rather than later!

Without our feedback, Youni could easily go off in the wrong direction which would not be in our interests so Yes I believe that there request for feedback absolutely belongs here. I salute them for coming to the people who are their target market to obtain honest constructive feedback about their products. Too often startups with new innovative products fail because they do not go to their target market to form qualified focus groups before launching their product half-cock.

Jgsvch said:
Without our feedback, Youni could easily go off in the wrong direction which would not be in our interests so Yes I believe that there request for feedback absolutely belongs here. I salute them for coming to the people who are their target market to obtain honest constructive feedback about their products. Too often startups with new innovative products fail because they do not go to their target market to form qualified focus groups before launching their product half-cock.
I certainly can see that, but I want to avoid being inundated with ads for every diaper maker out there. I'd be for a place on the site for vendors to go to get our feedback and inform us about their products. I just think if we don't make it clear that ads are not appropriate here soon that is all we will be seeing here.

Squander, i share your concern and have brought up the concern in a previous thread. If they are serious about not using this part of the site for commercials, but for feedback, I can live with that. We do see a lot of IC members touting/recommending "Northshore", and that business may deserve it, but i don't think I've ever seen a post by Northshore; noting NS hasn't asked for feedback from a new product (that i know of.) This seems to be a start-up, and i suspect many members will appreciate that, as long as it isn't "extended" to many many months? I believe we agree, anyway.