6+ months of normal urinary flow and control... back in diapers

Archives1

Staff member
Well, here I am back... and frustrated! I was ecstatic when I finally started wearing normal underwear again without fear of any number of unexpected voids. For those who don't remember me or never seen me on here, I had a partial proctectomy with the green light procedure a year ago. I finally gained control with the exercises, and then, bam! My "anniversary" is next week, and here I am back in pull-up style diapers after two major voids overnight last week; only with more voids around the clock since. I don't even get the chance to tell myself to hold it just a little longer while on the way to the restroom. In fact, I just released some urine into my diaper as I am typing this post :( I don't mean to seem as if I am whining, but just so frustrated and need to express it to people who understand what it's like dealing with incontinence.

@MAM You are not whining. Really, all of us would be thrilled to be "back to normal" For 6+ months, we would all feel like we were FINALLY "home free" Of course you would. - I can't imagine the frustration and disappointment. Do you have any explanation? - Pam

Trying to get into see my urologist ASAP. I think I know what the "problem" is... the prostate is becoming enlarged again (BPH) but only he will be able to tell me.

@20lawlorg I've been through the hell of the pain of my urethra being lasered. I cannot bear to think about my having a surgeon stick something up my urethra again. I know the AUS will be a viable option, but the pain!

Mam. Understand your frustration. Seeing your urologist is the way to go. Hopefully he can help you find an easy solution.
Hoping for the best for you.
Boomer59

This has been a crazy day because I'm going into the psychological state of fear of wetting my diaper so I'm now retaining. I know this means I need to expect an extreme void, a void that no diaper will absorb when my bladder says it has had enough. And to top it off, I have an important meeting this evening... if I get through the meeting, I'm going to have to put a bed pad down and wrap myself in some old towels. Definitely putting another call into my urologist to get an urgent appointment. Only if I had a disposable catheter to get this out now!

I had a radical prostatectomy 13 months ago. Incontinence had improved greatly but took a dive a couple of weeks ago. I have kept up with kegals but had let slip with alcohol and caffiene. I cut them out again a week ago but have not noticed any improvement yet, but am hoping.I am thinking also the backward step could be due to a change in the weather. It has been pretty nippy in the UK recently.I should be able to check the latter as I am going to Turkey next week for a couple of weeks.I steer clear of ready made carbonated drinks anyway because of all the sugar / sugar substitutes and chemicals which are added to them. Mind you, I still eat too much processed type food which also contains those nasties due to time limitations and also I am pretty lazy when it comes to cooking.