3 month post prostate surgery check up.

Archives1

Staff member
Got my PSA results from my prostate removal surgery a little over 3 months ago. 0.008, a bunch of zeros in there! Yea! Just got to continue working on the incontinence issues.

Ekimretlaw,

Congratulations!

It is a long journey back to continence but knowing you are cancer free provides you some good peace of mind.

This forum is a great resource to hear from those who are months ahead of you in recovery and what to expect. Do you Kegel exercises, start walking if you are not already doing so, and see a good pelvic floor physical therapist.

Greensleeves

@Ekimretlaw Congratulations, I remember how good that felt also when I got that same news only 2 months ago. You should also be turning the corner about now or very soon with your incontinence as your remaining urethral sphincter muscle starts to recover from the trauma of surgery and pitch in to help your pelvic floor muscles with bladder control. As @Greensleeves351 says, do your exercises, walk regularly and see a good pelvic floor physical therapist.

Congratulations! About the 4month mark seems to be a common turning point. Yes keep up with Kegels and regular exercise. Very helpful.

We’re still on the same path. Got my 1st PSA last week “less than .01%”. Somehow incontinence got much better recently, I’m using 2/3 pads a day, ditched the depends. Still a ways to go on that, and looking forward to getting a boner again someday maybe. Good times.