19 and been incontinent all my life

Archives1

Staff member
I use to up to the age to of 17 take desmopressin (spray) and it worked 70 percent of the time, however I later decided to leave it and hope I would just grow out of it. I'm now 19 nearly 20 and I can no longer get the spray desmopressin and nothing else works, I do have a hormone imbalance due to a neurological/eye condition I recently got diagnosed with, I can't really tell if I have weak pelvic floor muscles nor can I figure out why I can go a month without peeing then maybe the week after pee in the bed for the whole week! It is especially common around my period! It's just upsetting, It really lowers my confidence and I feel no man will ever want to be with me once they realise this condition, anyone got any positive advice or tips?

You are just a young person my incontinence started after being dry for yrs then came back due due urge which was caused by diabetis.I found a woman who didn't care about my incontinence and wetting so you just have to look and don't put yourself down.Good luck

Incontinence can be frustrating, embarrassing, humiliating. However, one glance at the shelf space big box stores devote to adult diapers (nappies) indicates that there are many millions of adults with our problem. As for potential relationships, diapers should be no more than canes, eyeglasses, hearing aids, dental and orthopedic braces, and casts for broken bones, to name just a few. And, as big businesses discover how much money they can make meeting our needs, the stigma's days are surely numbered. Any successful relationship will be based on who you really are, and incontinence is just a small part of you, far from the most important part of you. Be proud of how well you manage; then go out and let the world see a successful lady, not a recluse.

I found a lady who overlooks my bladder issues, which include bedwetting. You will find someone, especially as rarely as it sounds like yours occur.

Get to know someone first, and they won't care. People put far too much emphasis on their perceived shortcomings than anyone else would. My better half is obviously aware of my continence issues, and the only time the topic of my underwear comes up is when she sees a coupon in the paper.