13 Hours Post Surgery

One day at a time, Bgh - keep walking but try not to do too much - give your body time to recover and rest as much as possible when NOT walking.

I felt like I had to go to the bathroom (#2) immediately after surgery and had no problems once in my room of walking to the bathroom, but then had the catheter IN THE WAY, the tall bathroom seat...everything just felt so foreign and nothing was going to happen anyhow...I think I felt like I needed to from all the air/gas from surgery.

Started passing some gas not too long after surgery, which the Sr/nurses were asking about, but no bowel movement for about 4 days! I was eating and drinking fine. Definitely want those stool softeners - definitely don't want to push or strain too much any time soon. Once I did have the bowel movement, been regular ever since. I didn't feel 'normal' again w/ all the gas/bloating, etc. until my first bowel movement...

I'm only a month out since surgery and things are SO MUCH better - still issues, but it gets better, but just a little at a time!

+God+bless+

@iuwogeo That is also my experience after surgery: one’s bloating feels much better after the first bowel movement. I also highly recommend anti-gas pills and stool softeners. I think a Dulcolax suppository up the bum works best, usually within 15 minutes. I’ve tried all the natural and unnatural oral tablets and nothing comes close to working as quickly and thoroughly as a Dulcolax suppository. Oral tablets take 4-6 days depending on opioid intake. One should definitely wear a rubber glove when inserting the suppository. Stupid that Dulcolax doesn’t include rubber gloves in the box containing their suppositories.

Bgh said:
Well guys, I'm going home today. All labs are good. Still feel like crap. God help me please.

Keep your spirits up. He will protect those who not only need protecting but ask for it as well. Feel free to message myself - I may not be able to respond promptly but I've been through Hell myself with health problems as well as ignorance around others.

I have my family who have been protecting me during hard times- but I am fortunate in that regard; but I am willing to lend a hand in friendship. Regardless of who or what you suffer with.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs