Would you buy in stores if you could??

Archives1

Staff member
I have always wondered why stores never have better products for those of us that are heavy wetter like me at night. I truly feel that places like CVS should step it up. Heck my local Wal-mart carries better stuff than they do. So the big question is, If stores got on board and started stocking Dry24/7 and some of the other premium products, would you buy them in store?

Yes certainly, would be nice to go into a place and get some good quality incon products. Never could understand that lack of availability.

If they had good products maybe. In store products are kind of cheap and don't hold up as well for me.

Would have to be the same products I presently buy or same features like inner leg cuffs on pullups and super thin amazingly absorbing booster pads at similar prices. (But I would expect CVS to offer a comparable price only if you buy 2 and I don't see myself lugging two bags of pull-ups on the train to or from work).

It would be a very helpful option especially when traveling!! Justej was traveling the last couple weeks and it sounded like he found a way around having to lug products in his suitcase for his extended stay away from home. But even with that option it would be a great help to be able to go to a local store to pick up decent products!!

I have to say that I'm pretty spoiled by Amazon, even when traveling. Prime's free shipping makes it easier for me to just have my items shipped to the hotel. However, I normally fly with an extra box of my supplies. I can check them with my air carrier as a no-charge "Medical Assistive Device" - which is more convenient than running around finding local pharmacies or medical suppliers with quality garments.

I would agree with amazon mattyco, although I had no idea airlines had a medical assistive device option!! That makes it even easier for us, although that is another piece of luggage to lug along. Thank you for the info though!!

Someone mentioned a product called Dry24/7. Where is it available? Are there other good products for heavy nighttime wetters? Once I fall asleep I do not wake up for anything, leaving me always wet when I do wake up!

These are called confidry 24/7’s and can be bought through many websites, do medical, Northshore, and many more. These are my go to for overnight use and long trips, these are the best I’ve found and I’ve tried many many different diapers. But for daytime I like the Tena slip maxi’s or the Northshore supreme lites. These are both excellent for daytime use!! Do your research on products and find places that offer free samples to try many brands to find your fit.

Absolutely. There are times when my shipments might overlap due to weather or something and it would be a blessing if I could just go grab a bag from CVS.

GJP said:
Someone mentioned a product called Dry24/7. Where is it available? Are there other good products for heavy nighttime wetters? Once I fall asleep I do not wake up for anything, leaving me always wet when I do wake up!
As Petejc said, they are Confidry 24/7 and I get mine through xpmedical.com They don't charge for shipping on a case and I have been buying from them for years.

I was try8ing to buy supplies in Victoria TX.... Medical supply stores had same national brands. I ended up at CVS buying overnight underwear. I get tired of depends, the last taped briefs I got had lousy tapes. I learned to untape before I put it on because some of the tapes I couldn't get apart when I was putting the brief on. Usually ruin the brief.

We travel in our RV and i have had good luck buying at thrift stores in our travels. Once in Washington state i found four cases of Molicare in my size marked down to $6 a case. We all look for those buys!

If the price was right I would. If not I would when I needed to. I do like getting them in the mail because I always run into folks I know at any store I go to and for me it is still embarrassing to have to buy them in public. I do like buying in stores because I usually find coupons that I cant use when buying online, but it never fails someone will see me and want to visit and I have them in my shopping cart.

I'm exactly opposite. I like buying online in order to save the embarrassment from having to purchase in store. Even though I have bought my pull up diapers and brief diapers from medical supply stores here in town before,I don't feel as uncomfortable buying them online as I do in person.I just don't want to be judged for being a 40 year Male that outwardly looks healthy but has to rely on diapers all the time. I always fear someone I know will seeing me buy them too.

@mhart82 I agree, while my embarrassment waxes and wanes, I would buy them at a store if I really needed to, but I am spoiled by Amazon putting them in a plain box that I can even have delivered to an "Amazon Locker" so my nosy 20 something son doesn't have to see.

I would buy them at a store and have when I really needed too but otherwise I buy completely online. Northshore Care Supply has been a lifesaver for me in getting the diapers that I need. They are very personable, quick and efficient to meet my needs and get my diapers to me in a timely manner.