Worsening urgency

ltapilot

The past three weeks or so, my bladder has been more sensitive than usual. I feel like I have to pee all the time, even when I'm completely empty. I also have more bladder and urethral pain.

My urine is not cloudy and doesn't smell bad, but I wonder if I should try to get in to have my urologist check it for a UTI. I'm hesitant because I just got switched to this doctor (my previous one left the practice), and I don't want him to get the idea that I'm going to complain about every little pain. I also had to wait months to get my last appointment, and it seems silly to make an appointment six weeks out of a UTI will resolve by then.

Amy thoughts?

Today I went to Urgent Care for possible UTI infection
1. Urgency to pee - than very little
2. Urine Oder
3. Urine orangish color
4. Frequent bath room visits
5. Leaking frequently

Looks like I indeed have one

It was quick and urinalysis test looks like UTI
Culture test in 2 days
Was prescribed nitrate (long word) pills twice a day for 4 days

I than have informed on mychart my urologist what was going on (cuz of weekend)

Go to your local urgent care - at least it’s fast and they can find out if you have one

The past three weeks or so, my bladder has been more sensitive than usual.

Amy thoughts?
Hi Itapilot,

it might be an idea to invest in some test sticks :)… But if the urine is OK and you have not the typical signs of a UTI (except of the urge) it’s probably something different. I would make the appointment - you can cancel it anyway if things are fine again. At the end it could be also stress, the temperature change and much more of these “soft factors”…

CU Michael

I hadn't really thought about urgent care. My track record with urgent care is not that great. It always seems like the doctors there are reluctant to take care of simple things because of the fear that symptoms are tied in with my liver issues (I'm on the transplant list). Your right, though, that's probably still a good place to start.

Test sticks are a really good idea. I hadn't thought of that at all.

Hi Itapilot,

well - so I suspect that you are already being closely monitored because of the liver. In such a case, it is essential to regularly check the blood values.

If you also have such things as concentration disorders, eye fluttering, slight confusion and the like (sometimes you don't even notice that yourself - so ask friends) this can also be the first sign of hepatic encephalopathy. In that case, I would not wait at all and have a blood test done immediately, because that would be an emergency.

As far as the "urgent care" is concerned - I think in case of doubt they will also "only" do a dipstick test, take blood and look at the whole thing with ultrasound. At least the last two things are also important for liver monitoring (you just have to tell them that they should determine the liver values at the same time) and they also can have a look to the livers at the ultrasound...

I'm fingers crossed that it's just a mood of the bladder.

CU Michael

Hi Itapilot,

it might be an idea to invest in some test sticks :)… But if the urine is OK and you have not the typical signs of a UTI (except of the urge) it’s probably somethingy different. I would make the appointment - you can cancel it anyway if things are fineve a again. At the end it could be also stress, the temperature change and much more ofs good for my needs. I did not ha these “soft factors”… coupke days. I camt say if safe for othersbut it w

CU Michael
I had a sensitive to touch belly area and took a supplement called bladderease. It worked in days.
Not a uti issue