Wild Ride

Archives1

Staff member
Hey there! I hope everyone is as well as they can be with everything going on. I'm one year closer to finishing college and one step closer(?) on controlling my nocturnal enuresis. I'm actually seeing a therapist and I've learned that my bedwetting is a direct correlation with the sexual abuse I went through as a child. My therapist is helping me get through the feely-touchy part and the goal is to quash this condition but...we'll see. I'm having trouble accepting that there might be a way to end this completely. I am taking desmopressin but down to about a few pills and get this something is holding me back from asking for more from my doctor. Not sure what but I can't seem to get over that hurdle as well so yeah its been a wild ride.

Hi 23 and pee,

I guess I am slightly confused by your post as you should be hesitant to ask your doctor for a prescription refill. I am not familiar desmopression however I am assuming it is to deal with depression just from the name of it. Lol. One thing I can say is don’t ever feel like you are the freak of nature when talking to your doctor. Honestly they have heard it all and believe me it is probably more common then you would think. Especially depression but even incontinence issues or abuse etc. Your doctor is there to be a pillar of support for you and provide you access to what you may need.

Honestly it is very sad that in our society nowadays there is so much stigma around certain topics.

I hope you find a much better path forward.

Cheers

Jason

Desmopressin is to treat anxiety and bedwetting disorders among other uses.
23andpee it is wise to ask the doctor about weaning yourself off any medication for mood anxiety depress not just to run out and stop. These pills have a half life (often 2 weeks or a month)but you will suddenly drop from whatever state you are in to a different state in some of the m3ds like this.
It is unders that nocturnal peeing has been a mind body coping mechanism from your abuse and hard to say good bye to any habit. Look at the coffee addicts among us knowing full well the diuretic effect of a cup yet unwilling to say no.
So be kind to yourself. Ease your way back to not peeing the bed. For some here, there IS no option so we wish we could see the possibility.
But you are young, you are goal oriented and why not reach for your best life while you can, the world is yours to decide how you want to live in it.
You can always come here and send a postcard, tell us how you are doing in life and we'll slways be glad to hear from you regardless.

Hi again,

Very well put May941, I forgot to mention that as most anti depressant one needs to step down and taper off from taking them as otherwise the reactions from just instantly stopping are not pretty at all. The simple trick to those bad reactions is just to pop the same med again. But people never do and then write horrifying reviews. I just do not want to experience the horrible problems from not stepping down a medication to be perfectly honest.

You can speak to the pharmacist about getting some more pills of getting into your doctor is a ways out as they will forsure give you more pills if you should be stepping down the medication and you don’t have a renewal prescription yet. FYI

Cheers

Jason

Please talk to your doctor. Please do not stop your meds cold turkey. I did that with a med (Cymbalta) and it was terrible, not just for me, but for the people in my life. Remember, if you are honest with your doctor, your doctor can do more for you than if you keep information from her/him. FWIW, I'm 71 and feel I know about this from experience.

Hi May, That was a very nice, very supportive post from you! And it is so true!! I especially agree with where you said "the world is yours to decide how you want to live in it."
You are really a great addition to this forum and I think your advice applies to just about everybody here!! Cheers to you and thank you for being a valued member of the NAFC forum!!

I am happy to hear there is a light at the tunnel it is the goal of most of us in this group to get to be dry and not need protection anymore unfortunately for me my incontinence is a result of injuries in a car accident so getting to dry is only a distant dream for me I hope in your case that light at the end of the tunnel is real and achievable goal and not a freight train coming your way but we are here to help offer our caring support along the way I wish you the best of luck in getting to dry

5cdb1de7c6197d84b14fd222a398417a.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words and support! I truly love this community because it's like y'all really understand me. I'll take your advice and speak to my doc; that would probably explain all the irregularities I've been experiencing. I'm going to make an appointment now for a visit.

23andpee, this is great to know. People here will be happy to know this. Please continue to share as you see fit to do so. Best to you!