Why do I keep trying

Archives1

Staff member
Has anyone just say "screw it", and give in to the fact that you need to wear diapers? There are days and nights where I stay dry. Sometimes several days in a row. Then, I will have a number of wet days and nights. I'm almost through trying to guess when the good days are, and give into diapers.

I can relate to your situation- gave up on being a pill guinea pig for the urologist. I stop trying pills after 3 different ones didn’t help - I’m a nighttime bed wetter. Like you not sure what nights I will wake up wet or dry. I chose to protect myself every night by wearing a tab style heavy absorbency diaper. If dry I will reuse the diaper the next night or until it’s not manageable to keep re-using - stretched out to much or tabs breaks etc. To try and save money for reuse I do not un do the tabs but pull the diaper down very carefully. I’ve gone a week and more being dry then I might have 3 nights in a row of waking up in a wet diaper. My routine every night is basically the same. So for me I wear a diaper to bed every night. I’m 51 and active with no prior medical history that causes me to sometime wet my diaper - I’m not talking leaks - it’s basically a full diaper every time I wet at night. I don’t know much more to say it’s just how I accepted and deal with my issue for now

Hope things work out for you whatever path you take

Chad

Maybe as a last ditch effort keep a food and drink diary for the week and see what possible triggers you might have.
For me I I drink soda at sll or a citrus drink o sweet ice tea I know I'm asking for trouble as an example.
I also suggest to drink water as you can go about your day. Most people in general substitute flavored drinks but are dehydrated inspire of it causing the body to retsin and expell in unexpected fits and starts.

I had to realy pay attention to see the effect a soda could have and quite reliabley. Well worth giving up a few trigger treats.
Wishing you well or at least better spirits. Once I started to look at the patterns.worth giving up certain things.

I struggled with this at the beginning. I still sometimes think I can get away with pull ups (and on short occasions I can!) but the reality is I need full tape on diapers and the MegaMax at that. Heck I can flood a MegaMax and have it leak on the first wetting. It gets easier as time goes on. Reach out we are here for you.

I gave in to the fact I need to wear nappies or pads as the NHS like to call them years ago. Nowadays it is just normal for me and I have just got used to wearing a nappy under my clothes and at night.

I have similar issues and usually when my arthritis pain in my lower back is getting worse due to weather or to much activity that I seem to have uncontrollable incontinence problems. I also have triggers like to much caffeine in the morning or when I splurge and have afternoon coffee or coke. Very rarely do I go with out wearing briefs or pads... Unless I am at home. It's all just part of life's journey if we are going to have fun and experience life to its fullest potential.

I can relate with the struggle. As a lifelong bedwetter I’ve chosen to stay protected at night. Just saves the morning laundry and midnight cleanups that kill sleep. That, and more recent daytime issues with a spastic bladder, and I’ll probably be using protection full time. Still working to understand the daytime issues better but never thought I’d be making these decisions in my early forties. I’m in excellent health otherwise, so blessed there.

For me it will come down to living a normal active life and if it’s best done with protection, I’d rather do that than miss out on life otherwise.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I really get frustrated at times because of all my health issues that keep coming up. Since my retirement of over 15 years ago I have had green light prostate surgery, 3 shoulder surgeries, prostatectomy for prostate cancer, heart failure, and back surgery. I use to be a very active guy running up to 10 miles a day, lifted weights, swam a little...very health conscious. Not being able to do those things, and the need to wear diapers gets a little overwhelming. I know I shouldn't complain. Others have much more serious issues. Thanks again for listening/reading.
Dennis

Dennis, any level of incontinence is such a personal experience but we all have a good place to share here and vent. There aree many here with mild symptoms and some with more. It good to not feel isolated so thank you for sharing your personal experience we all benefit at all levels cand lifestyle.