Where to start. For those new to incontinence.

Archives1

Staff member
First, Talk to your doctor.
A lot of incontinence has underlined health issues that need to be addressed.

Second, you are not alone.

Third, There are a lot of products from medications, catheters, and absorbent products on the market to help you. A lot of companies offer samples both free and some at low cost to try before spending a lot of money. (Links below)

Fourth, Talk to family and friends about your issues. Incontinence comes with a lot of anxiety and it is better in most cases to be upfront with family and friends to eliminate some of that anxiety. (real family and friends will support you through your struggles)

Fifth, keep being you. Incontinence can be a huge reason that people tend to become shut in. Don't let that be you. Get out and live your life.

Sixth, Always be prepared. (Not just a good Boy Scout Moto) part of having incontinence is about preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. There are apps for bathroom finders, Rest area maps, and even apps that have bathroom reviews so you know where the clean ones are. Keep an emergency kit in your car with a full change of clothing and extras of things you need.

Seven, Doctors do not always know best when it comes to incontinence. A lot will push you away from using absorbent products, Diapers/briefs, pull-ups, or pads, and push things like catheters. Just know that everything comes with some risk. Catheters lead to more UTIs. Diapers and pull-ups can lead to rashes. "Find what works for you." SAMPLES-SAMPLES AND MORE SAMPLES!!

Lastly, You are not alone. Some of us here have been dealing with this issue for decades. We have been through it all and have the experience to give advice on what to try. We are here to help, or just listen when you need to say you had a bad day.

LINKS to incontinence product websites for samples.

NorthShore Care. Premium incontinence products with one of the best service teams in the market. They are even board members here. They offer free sample kits that go way over any company I have tried They even ship samples for free.

LL Medico is family-owned and operated. They offer free shipping of all products and offer things not found on some incontinence sites such as a cashback program, veterans discounts, and products in smaller sizes for those with special needs children.

Aeroflow Urology offers incontinence products through insurance. Though I do not qualify, I know a few people who use their services and they are board sponsors.

There are countless wipes, creams, and other things that we use daily to make life better, do not hesitate to ask a question. You can also use the search feature to see if someone else asks something similar to what you need help with.

Catheres are a trick thing to share links about. Some catheters require a doctor's prescription, Talk to your doctor about them and they will set you up with the right people.

I hope this helps anyone new to this issue and please ask if you have any questions. We are all on this journey together.

Peace and Love

ThatFLGuy

Tried the medications,and catheters,and hated the side effects.
I was a bed wetter till age 12 and wore diapers. so diapers were nothing new.

At around age 65 i started having mild incontinence from i believe diabetes.
At age 70 i got fournier's gangrene from Jardance that i was taking for diabetes.

Almost 4 months in the hospital after the debridement surgery, I am now fully incontinent due to nerve damage from the surgery.
I am a retired EMT and a navy veteran. and i was able to link the diabetes to agent orange exposure and in the last 6 months i went to 80% service connected and 40% of it for the incontinence.
I can now afford the best diapers.
Most of the time i use bambinos Bianco Ultra Stretch All White Diapers and 2 boosters.
Makes for a thick diaper that will last for 12 to 16 hours without leaking.