What's your favorite scary movie?

@ThatFLGuy
In the UK there's a prison with a guy who's kept in a prison cell that is described as being very similar to Hannibal lecters cell, the guys name is 4 time murderer cannibal named Robert maudsley.
He's been imprisoned almost 40 years.

“Blair Witch” I saw the world premiere which was held late at night at Sundance. It wasn’t listed as a documentary nor fiction in the program. Nobody in the world had seen it, so it was really hard to tell if it was true or not. It scared the hell out of me and I had to leave the theater for the last 10 or 15 minutes. I thought it was real. Totally amazing audience experience with tons of gasps. I’ve never experienced anything else like it, so I remain impressed.

I also think “Seven” is unbelievably scary. I think “Silence of the Lambs” is a fantastic movie but I didn’t find it scary.

I agree with Emily but I love American werewolf in London and Seven is the scariest and freakiest movie I’ve ever seen!!

@snow

I saw Blair witch. It is a brilliant film that only cost $300K to make. Crazy when you look at other films. I think the scary thing about it is the what-if which is the kind of movie I like. Movies like Texas Chainsaw, Scream, Silence of the Lambs are great because they do not need the syfi to be scary.

I like watching britbox tv (for you Brits I think BBC has the content)by subscription and watch only the mystery shows. Absolutely wonderful I will watch any of them on repeat if I ever run out.
Multi layered complex issues, people are not always attractive or nice but not necessarily guilty.
Main actors often middle aged exhausted people.
Social ills are commonly themed.

@JohnAdam I’m with you!!! It’s less scary than when I watched it as a teen but one of my favorite movies. It was filmed here in dc and We have the house and the “exorcist stairs” which is really cool to see.