Well color me impressed

Archives1

Staff member
I live up 2 flights of stairs and have to crawl on my butt to get up seeing as im an amputee with one leg. No matter how careful you are this puts wear and tear on a diaper. I had apparently worn a hole in my abena l4 but it still didnt leak. Pretty good!

My doctor is putting my letter of necessity into medicaid tomorrow so hopefully they will cover all of my abenas.

I have been full time in Abena L4's myself since the beginning of the month and I must say I am impressed myself I have experienced little to no leakage issues they are very comfortable and have made things a lot easier since I made the switch from the crappy Attends they were supplying me with good luck on them being covered and I hope the sample of the letter that my doctor submitted was a help good luck the Abenas have made a big difference for me

Hi EJ,
That is great news. Always nice when something works better than we expect.
Hope you are doing better. Have a good day.

Great news, Ej. Let us know about the success of your letter.

This is a silly thing to say, but I'm just wondering when they are planning to install an elevator. I am amazed that you can make it up the two flight of stairs!

You are a real trooper!

The fitting went great. Ive been walking some every day. Tonight im making dinner on 2 "feet" and its awesome.

Unfortunately no elevator will be installed but my landlord is moving me to a first floor apartment and there are only 2 steps to get to the building which is a huge relief.

sounds like you're adjusting to your prosthetic very and great news on moving to an apartment you don't have to to the butt shuffle to get in and out of

The butt shuffle sucks and is hell on my arms. Im not looking forward to the moving part (other people seeing my diapers) but cant wait til its over and ive moved.

And dpcare - your letter was a huge help and hopefully is all i need for dc medicaid

you have got to be kidding h I am so sorry to hear that your states Medicaid must be different from Wisconsin which is where I am my Doctor submitted the letter to J&B Medical which is the current Medicaid supplier than J&B submitted the letter to Medicaid for their approval than they approved it and now I am using the Abenas and doing much better with them

justej said:
So apparently I cant get abena unless i pay out of pocket. Even with a letter. This sucks!!!!!!!!!
justej said:
So apparently I cant get abena unless i pay out of pocket. Even with a letter. This sucks!!!!!!!!!

EJ, sorry they are giving you the run around. See if you can appeal that. I would for sure. My sweetie has been a nurse all of her life, she would say to request an appeal.

I agree from personal experience I can tell you the products mentioned are inadequate for heavy incontinence issues I would definitely appeal

jrpoorman said:
EJ, sorry they are giving you the run around. See if you can appeal that. I would for sure. My sweetie has been a nurse all of her life, she would say to request an appeal.

EJ, So glad for you about all your good news. Two steps is a great improvement over 2 flights of stairs!
But it is absolutely lousy that Medicaid won't pay for the Abenas; really sorry about that. I hope you appeal, and I hope you're successful.