Weird Question but I'm still asking

Archives1

Staff member
Hi,
This is going to probably sound weird, not trying to be offensive but does anyone else like reading fan-fiction with characters that have incontinence and anxiety? For context, I was looking at an RDJ interview one day about Iron Man, and ran across the website archiveofourown.org (also called AO3)I found there's a lot of fan fics with the tag "Hurt/Comfort," "Anxiety," "Wetting," "Incontinence," "Age Regression/De-Aging,"etc. I don't know if it's related to abandonment issues with my father or trauma of my twin dying when we were infants, but I find the stories kind of comforting. Some are actually centered around comfort and some are just the characters dealing with their issues. For example, there's the character James "Bucky" Barnes, Captain America's best friend. There's a bunch of stories about him having a traumatic brain injury from brainwashing and then dealing with incontinence afterwards. Then there's stories where he has no injuries but age regresses to cope with his PTSD (NON-SEXUAL). So I don't know, am I weird for reading these? I have seen some psychologists on TikTok say that looking for comfort in escapism, wishing someone can just save the day and make you feel better, etc is a sign of trauma.

Also for the people that don't think I'm nuts, the thread for "Tony Stark Acting as Peter's Father Figure" is absolutely adorable, so many awesome stories.

I actually started reading them not long after I deleted my account here the first time, and still read them when I'm sleepy.

Unrelated, I also think I have dyscalculia not sure if that affects you not recognizing when you need to pee or not. But I've done research (online and a few Psych classes back in college) and it seems like I have that too. Probably should have been tested in elementary school.

@snow I'm using the same name. I'm deleting my account. I thought getting back on here would help me feel better but it's not. I honestly feel depressed right now with work and family stuff and my stupid nightmares that I keep having. Now the night issue is slowly coming back because I leak a little only when I have a nightmare and that wakes me up or even when there's no leaks, I wake up twice and can't go back to sleep for hours after I pee and it's just annoying. I feel like a fcking toddler and all I really want is to go to sleep and hold a teddy bear. But I have to do this job that I hate so much and I can't even see my therapist until next week and we're virtual anyway through Teladoc. I really wish I could meet him in person but I would probably just cry. Then when we have a session, I can't even cry in front of him like my emotions are blocking my tearducts but then I cry myself to sleep. So I don't know. I apologize for anyone I annoyed by coming back here commenting, I'm going to leave for good. I'm applying to new jobs anyway and going to work on getting my driver's license soon which I'm not even that excited for because all I'll be doing is helping my mom who's single with my teenage brother. Not like I'll be driving for me. I'm just over everything and before anyone says it I'm not going to do anything to myself, except wash my hair and shower on my lunch break