Washing Machine

Archives1

Staff member
Hey Guys,

I just got an apartment sized washer for my bathroom. It washes my clothes and spin dry's them so I only have to hang them on a rack for an hour or so to air dry. The laundromat was a little more than 5 blocks away - and the apartment I live in doesn't have washing machine hookups - but i found this nifty thing on Amazon for around $100 - they range from 100-150.

So basically you can drain the water out into a bucket and then use the same bucket to fill your washing machine tub so that you don't need to hook up hoses to a faucet or line in. I dont know how many of you have to travel to a laundromat - but figured it'd be a good option to share to give anybody some ideas.

Here's a picture of it
766fcd37ba4b4d20edb143713a2ad736.jpg

Been listening to grocery store jams lately, working on personal projects trying to keep my mind occupied. Trying not to think of the negatives - such as bladder pain and spams.

I still think back over the past few years of being here - how much you guys have helped me overcome bladder control problems, and childhood memories and the wonderful people who have held my hand through this.

So thank you again for that. Anybody else have one of these or experience with them? i didn't even though they existed until i moved into my apartment post transitional living.

Kindly,
Honeeecombs

@Honeeecombs that’s pretty neat. If you do a quick Google search for “sink faucet hose spray adapter” you can find a hose that attaches to the sink faucet temporarily. That would make for easy filling of your washer. You would probably still have to drain via the bucket technique. Not trying to be a wise head just trying to be helpful.

@Honeeecombs Oh my gosh, I *wish* I knew those machines existed before I just moved into a condo and bought my first ever standard washing machine and dryer. Ever since I was 21, I’ve doing my laundry at laundromats (big city living). Sure could have used one of these cool, affordable devices you’ve found!!!! Good for you!

@Snow: They are nothing new and allready exists for a long time :)These kind of machines where first washing machines that where to bought in europe after the 2nd WWW :). I remember my parents had one of those - but without spinning function. Therefor they had an extra spin :).

Maymay941 said:
Glad you found a great asset for apartment living!

Thanks Maymay :)

I'm doing my bedsheets tomorrow, so I am excited about that, I dont think it's big enough for a comforter but that's okay. Also update on my window lights - they are battery powered (run on 3 AA) - but they are still on the original set of batteries after almost maybe even two weeks of use. I'm looking at around 100 hours of battery life which is incredible.

Other than that, not much has been going on. Looking at a headboard for my bed I want to get soon, but that's about it for now.

Blessings,
Honeeecombs