Washable incontinence underwear

Archives1

Staff member
Further to my "Pleased to be here" post, I tried a suspensory urinal but the fitting of it was too difficult but it did indicate that I would be able to wear rubber as I know some people are allergic to latex. I bought in a pharmacy some briefs with built-in absorbent pad which was large and thick and extended under the bottom which I need, as I have slight piles and need absorbency at the back. These briefs did the job of absorbing my post-void dribble but were uncomfortable.
From a company I have just revisited, I bought some Y-front style padded briefs that were more comfortable and using the fly opening was easy. I still wear these when I go out and have to use public rest rooms. The company also sells protective pants which are comfortable plain no-fly briefs consisting of vinyl sandwiched between two cotton layers. I thought I had found the ultimate underwear for my post-void dribble but I had an odour problem with them. Having sampled waterproof briefs I wanted to continue to be waterproofed so I bought some double thickness terry towelling briefs and some pvc bloomer-style shorts to go over them. I know plastics come up in various forms, but the pvc was just how I imagined rubber pants would be. So, thanks to the internet, I bought my first pair of rubber pants and was delighted at how very comfortable they are.
Odour continued to be a problem until I started to use Tena wash cream and mousse which I have talked about under "Odour control". I will post a third part to this self-introduction and talk about my "ultimate" training pants which I just happened to be wearing when I had an unexpected case of fecal incontinence and talk about going out thoroughly prepared after I had a "near miss" with urinary incontinence.

I have yet to find any sort of "reusable" or washable underwear that works for anything short of minor dribbles. I found disposable pads to be a much better solution for me. Abena was best, Tena is second.

I bought some underwear with a plastic liner between layers. After several washing and drying the plastic melted in the dryer and became hard... uncomfortable to wear.

Ozarkmtn said:
I bought some underwear with a plastic liner between layers. After several washing and drying the plastic melted in the dryer and became hard... uncomfortable to wear.

Yes, that happens. Either you must dry those on low, or air dry them.

It happened to my protective pants which should not have gone in the dryer. I am buying pants with thicker and thicker padding and air dry them inside out.

Some dryers are able to dry plastic lined pants on low. But how high is low heat? lol. Also some dryers have an air dry setting. No heat, just tumbles the clothing and blows air through the drum to dry "delicates".