Vivitec Plastic pants with exposed elastics- is wicking inevitable?

Archives1

Staff member
As a PMD after dribbler , I have mild urinary uncontrollable issues.
In the past I tried absorbent pads etc. and found pull up terry briefs and plastic pants the best solution for me.
I usually use plastic pants from a firm in the uk which I like because they are very soft with enclosed elastics. Unfortunately because the elastics are thin they tend to twist around then chaff. Also they are quite expensive at over £30 per pair. I ordered some manufactured by Vivitec much less expensive made of light pvc which arrived today and I am trying out. They feel comfortable and the elastics are wide. What I am worried about is they are not enclosed elastics and will they wick out wetness onto clothing inevitably. Even with just PMD my nappy can get quite wet. Do any of you folks who use plastic pants have ones with non enclosed elastics without problem and are there any tricks to prevent possible wicking ? I suppose I’ll find out by experience anyway.

You need to tuck the elastics of the pant up inside the cuff of the diaper at the leg openings. That keeps the elastic from being the lowest point on the plastic pants. Works for me most of the time. But nothing is perfect.

notarobot said:
You need to tuck the elastics of the pant up inside the cuff of the diaper at the leg openings. That keeps the elastic from being the lowest point on the plastic pants. Works for me most of the time. But nothing is perfect.
That’s a good idea. Thank you, I’ll try that.