Urology comment

Archives1

Staff member
I have several things wrong with my bladder, and other things, bla bla bla… But my PA and I had a talk last month about all my pain also in pelvic area. She told me this, I'm convinced you have Interstitial cystitis. Really no surprise to me, or I think her, but it wasn't her stating this, but what she then told me. She said I would rather treat you for this, then label you that you have this as many times in the medical community shy's away from wanting to get involve in your care, as this is forever, and basically in many ways untreatable. I was a bit shocked, and taken back, but in a way thankful as she is one that keeps on looking for ways to help me, my urologist is so overworked, helping poor souls that are severely in bad shape, so she is my angel.

Our path is not always easy to walk!

Wish I did. No such luck for me. Yes doctors run away from people like us. Oh that's after they made all kind of tests and more money in their pockets.

Hi Pmikula, It sounds like you would do well to find a different doctor, especially one with a caring office staff. Sounds like Boomersway, in the post up above, has found one so we know there are caring professionals out there. We just have to find them! If you're in a small town it may not so easy as there is usually only one choice (if that). But if you're in a bigger area, of course, the choice is wider. Ask someone you know, close friend or relative, if they know of a good doctor. Barring that, call up the nearest hospital or medical center and ask for a list of board-certified urologists. With list in hand, see if there are on-line reviews of their practices. Admittedly that isn't a foolproof method but based on their complaints and comments you can see a pattern that may raise a red flag, indicating, "I don't want to go to that practice!" And if a practice sounds promising then maybe take a chance and schedule the type of appointment where you say, "I don't want an examination now. I just want to come in and talk to staff and see if your practice is a good option for me." Try it. It just may be just what you're looking for!