Urinary urgency turns to bowel urgency

Archives1

Staff member
Sometimes when i have an urgent feel to urinate and hold it, it turns to both needing to pee and have a bowel movement. Is this normal?

I would imagine it could. Should talk to your doctor to be safe though. May be something else causing that.

I would see it’s the normal progression for me. I just assumed everyone would be the same. Obviously my error in thinking everyone would follow the same path. Lol

@Jwh51 I'm the same. A strong bladder spasm can trigger my lower bowel. I asked about it when I had urodynamics and they didn't seem to be surprised. They said that the nerves for both come from the sacral nerve.

Physlink totally makes sense and then for myself if I extrapolate since I have neurogenic bladder from my ms, it would explain partial bowel problems on occasion. Fortunately for me the damage on the bowel nerves is not a far along as the damage on my urinary nerve. That’s just my simple take on my situation from what I experience. Thanks for the notes physlink as totally makes sense. Thank you 🙏

I have fecal leakage which can happen when I pee, pass gas, squat down or while walking. Not a lot but still a pain in the butt. Ha ha Just had the test unit for interstim put in yesterday. Hope it helps. Anyone else relate to this?

I get some similar urges and feelings when I need to have a bowel movement as when the urge hits me that I need to pee, but muscles are stronger and don't seem to push as hard to go exactly that moment as my bladder. Wouldn't surprise me if the same nerves that don't function correctly with my overactive bladder cause that too